We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Changing omega's name

• Hello,
    It is possible to change the omega's name "omega-ABCD.local" which is variable by a fixed name i.e: "myomega.local"?
    I searched in /etc/config but not found...

Thank you.

• can't that be done in the console settings? i'm not near one now but i kinda remember seeing an option like that.

• I had to install Console by opkg (https://community.onion.io/topic/1169/cant-install-editor-app-on-omega2plus/2), because nothing was installed by the setup wizard.

Now I can change the hostname with the console.
    But if someone knows the file to change...

Thank you Douglas

• From the command line, you can read the host name with

uci show system.@system[0].hostname

You can change the hostname with

uci set system.@system[0].hostname=your-host-name

Then restart the avahi if you are using the .local domain

/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon restart

Or just a reboot will come up with your new host name too.

reboot now

• Thank you Jeff

• I realise that this is older post but the question is related.

Thanks for the solution Jeff, it works but as soon as I reboot the omega2 it reverts back to its original hostname. Is there any way to make the hostname change permanent? I tried making a script on boot that will change the hostname, which works but I still cant use the new name to access the console via the browser or SSH into omega2 (the old name still works though).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

• you could try /etc/config/system option hostname

• When using uci to change configuration always remember to commit the changes. I'd suggest:

uci set system.@system[0].hostname=your-host-name
    uci commit

Try that to see who your Omega thinks it is after the reboot.

--Bill

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.