We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Using SD card on Omega2 not plus

• Is it possible to use it with subject or it only works with Omega2+. My board has sdcard footprint, I guess both Omega2 and Omega2+ has the same revision of board design, but maybe is there a chance to use sd? I meant hypothetical, I know there is no slot for sd, but it's not a problem for me to solder it

• It is not possible. In addition to the missing socket, there are other components missing, some are under the shield.

• Ghent The Slicer, thanks for your reply. Just wanted to know) BTW, maybe is it possible to use NOR/NAND flash to expand the storage? I mean can I reconfig the system to recognize additional storage on startup? where I could install some packages (i.e. gcc or something else)

• @Ghent-The-Slicer said in Using SD card on Omega2 not plus:

It is not possible. In addition to the missing socket, there are other components missing, some are under the shield.

Care to elaborate? Not much should be required, so this is a bit surprising, unless it's an intentional disabling.

That said, USB-based storage could be another option - but it should be kept in mind that neither is robust in the face of unexpected shutdowns/reboots - one of the real strengths of these platforms over the computationally far more powerful and hardly more expensive raspberry pi, is that they don't depend on a fragile SD card. If you could boot a pi W from an SPI flash, it's questionable if there would be a market for MT7688 systems at all.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.