We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Mini dock on/off switch broke..

• Hi Onion team!

First of all, I have to say I love your product! I have played it for 1 night yesterday and the Omega, expansion dock and servo expansion have no problem at all.

However, tonight when I decided to try out the mini dock, the on/off switch just broke in my first attempt... Photo is here.

Any solution? Thanks a lot in advance!

• Hi @Emmanuel-Huang, I am really sorry for the fragile power switch! Seems like a few other backers have experienced the same problem as well. We have looked into the issue and it seems that the part we used for the switch is very poorly made. Although there's very little we can do with the current version of the docks, we have already found a replacement component to use for the next revision of the docks. In the mean time, we are also playing around with different materials to see if the broken power switch can be fixed. So far the best way seems to be turning the switch using a needle. We will keep trying and if we figure a clever way to fix the issue, we will make a tutorial for it.

• Ditto here. The power switch was broken upon opening and the little plastic tag was inside the bag. Can you give us the spec of the switch so we might be able to replace it with something a little robust. This was only on the main expansion dock the mini-dock switch seems fine. I dunno maybe the bigger boards were heated up more making the plastic weak? I am attaching a photo. Btw the boxes are really cool and love the clear design on the outside but the glue is a bit thin in places and so the boxes start opening up too much. But love they have a picture of what is inside and clear labelling on the outside. Kudos for that!![omega-dock.jpg](uploading 100%) onion-omega-doc.jpg

• @T-NT We have ordered a few replacement switches to play around with and to select the one that will be the hardest to break. I will let you know the part number when we find a good one that has the same profile as the current switch.

• Same here, broke right of on first use. Looking forward to the future part number.

• @T-NT said:

the glue is a bit thin in places and so the boxes start opening up too much

The boxes have no glue. I think that Onion's intention was that the customer would unfold the box and see the Get Started information.

It's a good idea in concept, but could have used some real world usability testing. I don't think most people expect a small box like that to come apart. I know I didn't. I thought, why is this box poorly made?

• The boxes have no glue. I think that Onion's intention was that the customer would unfold the box and see the Get Started information.

Oh I did not realise that, in which case the boxes are even cooler. What it needs then is an extra 2 fold tabs that can make the box more structurally sound. Cool design guys. Really very impressed.

• Mine has broken off in the on position so it is working fine.

• Have just realised that the power switch is broken on my Mini Dock too
    Appears to be broken in the OFF position
    Hadn't noticed till now when I came to try the Mini Dock for the first time - but have managed to move it to the ON position with a pin šŸ™‚
    Will normally be using my Omega via the Arduino Dock which is working fine - so no big deal šŸ™‚

• @Boken-Lin Thanks for the prompt reply. Looking forward to the updates!

• mine got broken as well on my mini-dock. not much of a problem though. i'll have the switch on the power supply instead.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.