We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

OpenVPN on Omega2+

• Reading on the forum there are already few experiments for that but there is no tutorial.
    Explaining better I was thinking to remove the original image and flash the OpenWrt https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/onion/onion_omega2plus image.
    Before to do that I want to be sure that solution works because after all I am changing the image of the board.

Anyway my needs is to have a low cost device to get access with a VPN on a network without using the router itself.
    I will use only to send wake on lan packets to the network so nothing very complicated or heavy on resources.
    I checked also on the omega repositories and there isn't the openvpn package available so seems that the solution is compile or change the image.

• Hi Daniele, did you find any guide to do it? Iยดm not so good on linux, then I need a full guide to the full process... even if you have, I can do it and let you know how was ๐Ÿ™‚ ...

Hope someone will put some info about how to do it...

• there is a guide for openvpn/openssl for openwrt/lede on this page,
    https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/vpn/openvpn/comprehensive
    i have tried it about a year ago, was not successful, but i pass it along in the event that you had not seen it and want to try as the packages may have changed as well as omega2 firmware being updated. it is the best guide i have seen, if it works or not i don't currently know. good luck.

• I get stucked on the first step of the guide ๐Ÿ˜ž

Unknown package 'openvpn-openssl'.
    Unknown package 'luci-app-openvpn'.
    Unknown package 'openssl-util'.
    Collected errors:

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openvpn-openssl.
    • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-openvpn.
    • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openssl-util.

root@Omega-BEA3:/# uname -a
    Linux Omega-BEA3 4.4.74 #0 Tue Jul 31 16:32:08 2018 mips GNU/Linux

Then... looks like is not lucky for this... and no much support for newbies... ๐Ÿ˜ž

• using a text editor check the file at /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf . if some of the lines have a # or ## at the beginning of the line, delete those. then save. this will give you several more servers to check for the files needed. you can manually download by using the command wget and the file name address using the terminal. get the address or download the file from this list
    https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.0/packages/mipsel_24kc/base/

additionally, if you have not researched the part about increasing available file space for the omega2 you need to find it in the documents and read about it because as you add stuff unless you somehow increase space you will most likely run short of file space and be unable to do what you want.

there is a learning curve. don't get frustrated easily. ask questions.

as far as kernel goes, you might have to find a firmware with newer kernel. it can be done , i think.

• Thanks @Douglas-Kryder for your support, this help me to continue and don't get frustrated fast ๐Ÿ™‚ ... I will try and let you know... Hope I will be able to find it how to get this working, and then make a guide to everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards. D.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.