We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Using Azure IoT Hub with Python

• Hi,

I have been using Python 2.7 and the SDK for Microsoft Azure IoT hub to build an application on a Pi, and I want to port it to an Omega2+ (with SD storage) for mass production.

It seems somewhat more complicated than getting started on the Pi.

Does anyone have a guide on how to install the IoT SDK for Python and its dependencies?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

• administrators

@Erik-Hougaard haven't tested this out, but it may be possible, so I'll try to offer some advice.

Note that the AWS IoT Python SDK can be installed with just a pip3 install command.

Judging by the Azure IoT Python SDK repo on Github, the Python SDK is a wrapper of the C SDK -- meaning the installation of the Python SDK must involve some compilation activities.

You will need to install:

• pip (to do the python package installation)
    • make and gcc (to do the compilation)
    • boost libraries (the SDK depends on this - not sure if this is available for openwrt/lede)

All of these items will take up a lot of space, so you'll likely need to boot your Omega from external storage.

Best of luck!

• My recommendation is using NodeJS. I use NodeJS with Azure IoT Device and I dont run into any storage size issues. One little trick I found, install all your modules in /tmp, then move the node_modules folder to / . The folder will be highly compressed once its in flash memory.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.