We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Can I flash Omega2+ Latest Firmware on my Linkit Smart 7688 ?

• Hi ,

I have linkit 7688 by seeedstudio and I would love to use the Omega2+ firmware as it's much better and it also fixes the SPI which is still broken on the latest firmware on linkit 7688 .

Has anyone tried it ?
    Thanks.

• Hi Abdolmaged ALKhulaifi
    I am also working on similar approach. I was trying arduino YUN firmware on omega2. As i have omega2 not omega2+ and it comes with 16mb +64mb Ram. But with this much RAM and ROM i found arduino YUN is having more features on firmware. So i was trying to flash YUN firmware and bootloader on omega2.

But i am also looking for some more detail support and help from omega team, kindly help us.
    I thought of rebuilding openWRT firmware for this. Taking arduino YUN source code or similar Dragino YUN source code and modifying for omega2.

Omega Tech team can you guide for creating custom firmware (U-boot, Kernel and rootfs) build for Omega2 using YUN or Dragino source code.

Abdolmaged ALKhulaifi if you get any solution for above please put here also, Thanks

• Onion firmware is based upon OpenWRT, so the correct place to discuss this topic would be on the OpenWRT forums as it has nothing to do with the Onion Omega hardware. The OpenWrt forums can be found at forum.openwrt.org

• @crispyoz said in Can I flash Omega2+ Latest Firmware on my Linkit Smart 7688 ?:

Onion firmware is based upon OpenWRT, so the correct place to discuss this topic would be on the OpenWRT forums as it has nothing to do with the Onion Omega hardware. The OpenWrt forums can be found at forum.openwrt.org

Thanks crispyoz for the response.
    It is linked to the Omega2, its hardware its software everything. Then why you are re-directing to other forum. Every forum and support team will start neglecting the customer then how we can trust and buy things.
    I am running comoany, my product stuck in R&D from last 3 months. Planned to use Omega2, but i think its my mistake right?

Its like buying mobile, if i purchase apple phone and it is having issue then where i should go apple community or apple software and hardware manufacturer please tell me?

• @Suman-kumar-Jha Linkit Smart 7688 is based upon Mediatek chip as is Onion Omega device, that does not mean that Onion is responsible for supporting every Mediatek based device.

• @crispyoz said in Can I flash Omega2+ Latest Firmware on my Linkit Smart 7688 ?:

Linkit Smart 7688 is based upon Mediatek chip as is Onion Omega device, that does not mean that Onion is responsible for supporting every Mediatek based device.

Crispyoz i didn't ask support for Linkit 7688. I asked you for your board omega2 only. Please read my full comments. In beginning i told to Abdolmaged that , i am working on similar approach. Where i am looking for flashing other similar board firmware or rebuilding openwrt firmware from source code and flashing on Omega2 only.

I think it is clear now. Can you help now please

• @Suman-kumar-Jha if you want to build a custom version of firmware for Omega you follow the Cross Compiling and Building Custom Firmware guidelines. You will select which Omega you are creating firmware for and then select which components / packages you wish to include.

You may also want to read the image builder docs to understand how to create or modify Profiles, you then look at Linkit profile and the Omega profiles and determine any basic differences. Since the Linkit Smart is not an Omega SOC you may not be able to achieve exactly what you want due to hardware differences. Here is a link on how to build OpenWRT custom firmware.

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/additional-software/beginners-build-guide

• Thanks crispyoz, i will work on it and let you know the progress

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.