We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Problems with battery powering the Omega2

• When powering on the Omega2 with a battery attached the orange light blinks as it normally does when booting and then goes solid but after some seconds the orange goes off, the blue (the power LED) is still lit up though. The WiFi AP is not showing up "in the air" so the Omega is "dead" for sure. This happens even if the battery is recently charged full (capacity 3.75 when checking it with a multimeter). When attaching it to USB power the Omega boots up and stays booted and the AP shows as well (the battery starts getting charged of course since the charge indicators starts to light up).

Another scenario is if I boot the Omega2 up with the battery attached and using USB power and then disconnect the USB power, the Omega2 continues to operate. But... if I re-attach USB power again, the Omega2 dies (and the orange LED goes off and the AP stops to work). Power LED is still on and if I have anything presented on the attached OLED expansion, it still shows even if the Omega2 is not working so the hardware stack has power coming into it.

• @jokre this sounds to me like the battery pack has insufficient amperage. If you monitor the current usage of the Omega when it boots, it spikes most notably when it is starting the wifi.

• @jokre Please tell us some details about your LiPo battery - type, capacity, new or used, (datasheet;).
    BTW the voltage of a fully charged LiPo should be ~4.2 V.

Omega2 - what firmware are you running please?

• @jokre said:

Another scenario is if I boot the Omega2 up with the battery attached and using USB power and then disconnect the USB power, the Omega2 continues to operate. But... if I re-attach USB power again, the Omega2 dies (and the orange LED goes off and the AP stops to work). Power LED is still on and if I have anything presented on the attached OLED expansion, it still shows even if the Omega2 is not working so the hardware stack has power coming into it.

Fairly common problem I've seen. What I do to overcome it is use a really good power supply (>=2A) and a short USB cable with thick gauge cable.
    Typically I see it when powering the device via USB with battery attached and then there's a power failure. The device continues to run on battery, but as soon as the power returns, it dies. Solution = short, thick gauge USB power cable.

• I have the same problem but with only one omega2. One of them works great. The other one behaves as described. It’s a 1600mAh battery and according to the onboard charge indicator it’s fully charged. I expect the onboard circuitry to be able to power the omega2 without issue. Incidentally it is running the latest firmware and it works fine on the mini dock. The one that doesn’t work was from the original Kickstarter campaign and the one that works was just purchased. For what it’s worth, if I plug in the power dock to usb power, it does NOT experience the boot loop. So, maybe the battery side of the supply is not quite up to the task ?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.