We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

How to install GDBServer ?

• Hi,

i am using LEDE-Buildsystem with Eclipse. The remote debugger requires gdbserver to be installed on omega. Searched the packages but found nothing.

How to install ?

Thanks in advance.

• Tried the following after adding the repos:

opkg update
    opkg install gdbserver

Now it works.

Thanks !

• Could you please share details of the repository where you found the gdbserver package?

Thanks

• @Carst-Dan said in How to install GDBServer ?:

i am using LEDE-Buildsystem with Eclipse. The remote debugger requires gdbserver to be installed on omega. Searched the packages but found nothing.

I don't remember any problems with the gdbserver installation, I had a little problem with gdb install (follow to the topic). Maybe it helps you resolve the problem.

I'm using Visual Studio 2017 with Linux development addon (Makefile) and it has remote-debugging too, but it doesn't work. I start gdbserver on the Onion and try to connect gdb from Linux's Virtual Machine or from Visual Studio GDB to Onion gdbserver, but It seems to me versions are not compatible. After connection I see error message and disconnect, but my GDBs normally work remotely with one application that compiled in usual Linux (x86).

So I don't recommend you install gdbserver because at the end of way it waste your time.

• @Lachlan-Peter You don't say anything about your system Omega and its firmware (as usual 😉
    So - for example on v0.3.2 b232 - enable the second (2nd) and the fifth (5th) lines of the '/etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf' file to install (make, gcc, gdb) gdbserver.

# Omega2+ with OpenWrt 18.06 based v0.3.2 b232 firmware

root@Omega-5BE1:/# opkg update

root@Omega-5BE1:/# opkg list | grep -i gdbserver
    gdbserver - 8.0.1-1 - GDBSERVER is a program that allows you to run GDB on a different machine than the one which is running the program being debugged.

root@Omega-5BE1:/# opkg install gdbserver
    Installing gdbserver (8.0.1-1) to root...
    Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06-SNAPSHOT/packages/mipsel_24kc/base/gdbserver_8.0.1-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
    Configuring gdbserver.
    root@Omega-5BE1:/# 

Good luck!

• @György-Farkas We need a template response "What firmware version and device are you using". "Uncomment lines 2 and 5".

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.