We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2S and PCB issues

• Hello,

I'm doing a small product using Omega2S. So during the PCB layout the Omega2S is taking up a large space on my small board, so im wondering when Omega2S surface mount module is placed on a PCB, can I route vias from my own circuit under the omega2S, or will doing that lead to shorts with the Omega2S, or cause other problems.

Thanks

• You can add as many vias as you want under the Omega2.
    Just avoid placing via on bottom pads, which are used for GND.

An example open-source PCB design is available on pcbcrew-org/omega2-4g-gateway.
    It is prototyped and tested in the field by PCBCrew prototyping service.

• @DumTux wont the vias from Omega2S at the bottom short with the vias from my circuit if i run my routes under the omega2S? Omega2S has a million vias under there., one of them is bound to touch mine.

• @nsmith We hide a truckload of via under the Omega2S+ on all of our small custom boards. Early on I had some issues when I used too much solder paste and it causes some shorts if my reflow profile was not correct.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.