We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Connecting devices to the Cloud

• @Seth-Hall said:

So what is the Setup Code? And where do I find it?

On almost every page in the cloud it has this blue bullet with a " i " like info. When you click on it everything is explained.

• @Kit-Bishop Thanks very much. I eventually found the Setup Code button (I am not sure why I'd missed it for so long!), and now I am able to connect to my device(s).

I must say that this should not have been as hard to sort out as is seemed; I think what is needed is a very simple, step-by-step guide, which the little blue "i" button definitely does not provide. If we hope for a high adoption rate for the Omega, initial "getting started" support is going to have to improve, and fast.

Now, onward and upward with Cloud Compile!

• @Seth-Hall said:

I think what is needed is a very simple, step-by-step guide, which the little blue "i" button definitely does not provide.

Then don't think to much, just give as a feedback your list how it would be good for you!! Technical staff and Developers not think the same way as a beginner in IOT.

@Seth-Hall, don't take my commentary to personal. I just try to give input to receive better output. It seams for me, here in this forum that it is easier to do a new request and complain a bit instead to use the information who already exists.

My list, how to add a device, I included in the cloud announcement request.

• For those that like video instructions I made a YouTube vid covering how to connect a device to the cloud.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmjXfLczzjE

• administrators

@Seth-Hall and everybody else: How can we improve the tour provided by the tour button button?

Note that the tour content changes for every new page, in the Device Manager when you click on a device, the second, third, and fourth tour pages are all about the Setup Code.

Help us understand what was missing and we'll make it better!

@Kevin-Sidwar We love the video!
    We've actually fixed some of the issues: when an Omega comes online the device page will be automatically updated šŸ™‚

• @Lazar-Demin That's definitely the hardest part about making videos for Omega. It's a rapidly moving target. I think I'll just start saying "This doesn't work right now but by the time you see this video it will likely be fixed." :slight_smile:

• @Lazar-Demin For the info button button it was probably mentioned the very first time I logged in but until you mentioned it here I wasn't aware that the context was different for every page which is helpful. I thought it was just the one version the first time you logged in. Not sure how to call it out but something to help users know that it's different for every page.

• @Lazar-Demin said in Connecting devices to the Cloud:

@Seth-Hall and everybody else: How can we improve the tour provided by the
    tour button button?

Many Linux Distributions have a welcome screen with some explanations. You could solve this with a popup and a cookie where can be closed. Maybe make a big Icon (as the other apps) on the start screen in the cloud, where this welcome screen can be re-opened, for people who clicked it away by accident.

As I'm new in IOT I wished to get more info's about:

1. The objective of the Cloud (in few short sentences)
    2. Be informed where i can get help (Explanation of the blue button and the bug)
    3. For what exactly this Setup Code is and why we need this procedure.

I clicked everywhere in every screen and found, this abut the blue button out, on my own. I used a moment till i got it and my conclusion is that this setup code must be something as an encryption key, where makes a save working with the cloud possible and that you have the information which devices are connected to whom etc.

• administrators

Ok, thanks for the suggestions guys, we'll see what we can do!

Please feel free to post more suggestions, thoughts, comments!

• @Lazar-Demin said in Connecting devices to the Cloud:

@Seth-Hall and everybody else: How can we improve the tour provided by the tour button button?

@Kevin-Sidwar We love the video!

:
    Just start linking excellent videos like the one @Kevin-Sidwar posted, maybe start a new section with all video links.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.