We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega 2+ doesn't boot.

• @Chris-Stratton: Thank you from your prompt reply.

I'm using the Power dock. It (AFAIK) seems to be designed to use with a 1-cell Li-Po battery. I'm wrong? Why is it unsafe?

The Power Dock is designed for use with a 3.7V LiPo Battery with a standard 2-pin JST-PH connector (2mm spacing between pins).

Source: https://wiki.onion.io/Tutorials/Expansions/Using-the-Power-Dock

After that, nothing happens, The amber LED remains off and it waits quietly until I flip again the power switch in both directions.

• If they've got a full buck-boost on there it is possible that could work as intended, but there's also a lot that could go wrong with it. I'm not seeing any schematic one could use to tell, though the two inductors are a hopeful sign.

Is the battery charged?

Power issues are perhaps the most common failure people have; it may be worth trying something else, at least to determine if it is or isn't a power problem.

After that, nothing happens, The amber LED remains off and it waits quietly until I flip again the power switch in both directions.

Hmm, possibly it reboots but then hits a flash-mode reboot bug. Without being able to poke around at your exact system it's hard to know.

• This post is deleted!

• @Chris-Stratton Now I boots well after plugging it to the microUSB.

Before plugging it the voltage on the 3.3V pin was of 2.80V
    Now it has 3.18V. Maybe the battery is nearly uncharged and the charger controller is wrong about the battery status?

• It's happening again randomly. I don't know what can be the problem.

• @Chris-Stratton said in Omega 2+ doesn't boot.:

If they've got a full buck-boost on there it is possible that could work as intended, but there's also a lot that could go wrong with it. I'm not seeing any schematic one could use to tell, though the two inductors are a hopeful sign.

Well, I think that the only thing that needs buck-boost is the host USB port.
    The Omega 2+ works with 3.3V.
    These inductors should be for the host USB port and the 5V expansions.

Is the battery charged?

There are 3 LED lit from the 4 LED battery charge indicator. it should be roughly a 75%, as I said previously.

Power issues are perhaps the most common failure people have; it may be worth trying something else, at least to determine if it is or isn't a power problem.

I plugged the USB cable and then it worked well for a while. Then I unplugged the cable and it worked some minutes more. Then it stopped working.

Hmm, possibly it reboots but then hits a flash-mode reboot bug. Without being able to poke around at your exact system it's hard to know.

Maybe. I don't know.

• The Omega 2+ works with 3.3V.

You won't get 3.3v after a regulator from a loaded lithium cell over its full useful discharge, especially if you have pulse loads as the MT7688 does - the wifi basically doubles the usual power consumption for brief periods of time.

However, if you can configure the system to reliably run at say 3.0v and set the regulator there that might be possible. The MT7688 data sheet would at first glance seem to imply this is possible, but without more careful measurements its unclear if the brownout resets are caused by what the voltage drops to or the fact that it drops abruptly. It may be necessary to look very close to the chip to distinguish the two.

• @Chris-Stratton I assume that if the power dock is designed to work. šŸ˜• Maybe is my fault.

• @Helio-Machado , I am having the exact same issue: spidev spi32766.1: buggy DT: spidev listed directly in DT, then the stack trace followed by complete device lockup. I'm also using the Power Dock with a 1400mAh 1-cell LiPo. It worked fine initially and I think it started happening after I flashed the latest firmware version.

Re-flashing the LEDE image doesn't seem to have any effect. Plugging in the charging cable maybe has some effect -- with power plugged in it seems to work most of the times. Still, Power Dock is unusable.

• @Kiril-Zyapkov said in Omega 2+ doesn't boot.:

@Helio-Machado , I am having the exact same issue: spidev spi32766.1: buggy DT: spidev listed directly in DT, then the stack trace

That is actually not an error at all, but a policy war between two factions of developers. It happens even on working units with affected firmware versions. You can ignore it.

followed by complete device lockup.

That would be a different problem to identify and investigate

Plugging in the charging cable maybe has some effect -- with power plugged in it seems to work most of the times. Still, Power Dock is unusable.

That makes it sound like the actual problem could be power related.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.