We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

LOTS OF ISSUES

• Have to admit, I'm getting frustrated. Seems like nothing is working or, at least, in some cases, not working properly.
    1)Could not load the Editor or Terminal from the console (even after factory reboot and manual installation). Given up so now I'm doing everything via ssh on the command line
    2)Unable to get to cloud via safari on iOS, crimping the iOT functionality a bit.
    3)Cloud compile. Bit of a joke hey nudge nudge, wink wink. Been stuck on 'queued' for days now.
    4)expled - well heck, seems like you have to downgrade the os
    5)Very little on getting C cross compilers setup (for newbies like me esp) on OSX. Seems a waste to have so much power at your fingertips and to program hardware functionality using slow interpreted languages like python and php. If only the cloud compile worked reliably, that would help........
    6)fast-gpio - let's not go there, hence there is no way to generate decent frequency PWM's on gpio pins unless....you got it, you have access to cloud compile or a cross compiler. (e.g. dimming and mixing colour on the RGB led)
    7)Very little documentation on how to use the options on the cloud under device explorer. e.g. to run a command remotely (I did figure this out but also discovered that it will lose synch forcing you to logout and back in to the cloud to make it work every so often)
    8)At one point I tried to install pip for python, it failed and I was left with a heap of modules chewing up memory. So, I figured the easiest to be rid of them would be a factory reset. I read the warning knowing all user files would be lost but did not expect to have to redo the wifi setup and re-install the console-base. And it all had to be done from the command line as the 'getting started' gui did not load.

I have numerous other problems and niggles but those are the main ones frustrating me right now. I know, some of these are due to my inexperience but hey, this device was supposed to make easy, fast and fun development and iOT easily accessible. Running a command (via the cloud login) that calls a script on the device seems a bit, um, light in the pants hey?

In the immortal words of King Louie, "So give me the secret, man-cub, clue me what to do."

• @Jo-Kritzinger said in LOTS OF ISSUES:

5)Very little on getting C cross compilers setup (for newbies like me esp) on OSX. Seems a waste to have so much power at your fingertips and to program hardware functionality using slow interpreted languages like python and php. If only the cloud compile worked reliably, that would help........

In regard to the C cross compiling, I agree with you, there is no usefull documentation apart from how it was done in the original Omega.
    Here you have a summary of what I have learned:

• Omega2/+ is based on LEDE, which is based on OpenWRT. So you can go to the LEDE project for better documentation, but not complete, and then to OpenWRT for complete documentation, that in practice always works with LEDE.
    • The SDK for Omega2 can be built from the LEDE's SDK sources, that also works like OpenWRT's SDK. The problem is that there are lots of dependencies, and building the SDK (especially on OSX) may fail. Everything is based on makefiles, which in various iterations of make commands generates the final SDK.
    • I have created a project here for a Docker image that works just right. You can use the Docker Engine for mac to run it from OSX without worrying if some dependency misses. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
    • The SDK can occupy up to 15GB or more, but you get an environment where you can either create packages for opkg (search for openwrt package compiling), or compile your source code with the gcc cross-compiler into binaries (search for openwrt cross compiling).

Finally I add to your list of issues the "no dock omega2" problems, because getting a reliable power source is a headache without the power dock (3x the price of the omega2).

• @José-Luis-Cánovas
    Thank you. On first reading it seems a little beyond my current capabilities but I will give it a shot.

• Note that the process is the same for LEDE and OpenWRT, but you generally can't use an OpenWRT toolchain, even one intended for the exact same chip, as it is probably built for a different C library. But following the same instructions with LEDE sources should get you something you can use.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.