Omega2 SPI first bit missing/wrong
The Omega2 seems to have an issue with SPI.
I see various people in the community that cannot use SPI successfully with Omega2.
It's also an issue that stops me from using my Omega2 in various IoT projects :-(
In order to get this issue fixed as quick as possible I created this topic and collected all information I've found.
It would be great if someone with decent knowledge (Omega2, LEDE, Mt7688?) or the Omega2 crew would have a look at this. Thanks a lot!
Please vote for this post, if you too cannot use SPI because of this problem.
When I do
spi-tool -b 1 -d 32766 write 0xaa 0x11on the Omega2 terminal, the data seen on the line by the logic analyzer is
All seems good, except that the first bit seems to be missing. MOSI should be 1 on the first CLK.
I am also not able to get software working that uses Omega2's SPI.
Firmware: 0.1.10 b160
SPI device: /dev/spidev1.32766
- Omega2 SPI: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/communicating-with-spi-devices.html
- Another discussion (old outdated): https://community.onion.io/topic/1560/spi-pins-for-the-omega2/21
- Another member: https://community.onion.io/topic/2344/omega2-spi-problem
- Maybe the root cause. OpenWrt: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/20521
- Possible Patch, to an older OpenWRT version: https://github.com/narioinc/mt76xx-spi-half-duplex-patch
This post is deleted!
SPI problem quite critical.