We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

"full Linux computer"

• How can Omega be a full Linux computer when it can't run a GUI or windowing environment like Raspberry Pi ($5, ARM, 512 MB, Debian) or C.H.I.P. ($9, ARM, 512 MB, 4 GB, Debian)? Why do you need a computer to access a computer? Can something like KolibriOS (8 MB, 1.5 MB) be written for MIPS?

• C.H.I.P is gone now and Raspberry Pi makes no money on their 5$ version but has enough sales to break even and use it as a loss leader (Educational purposes). Each platform supports different functions. Did you know you could have up to 5 Ethernet ports on the Omega and it supports native soft AP to act like a router / hub? There are no Ethernet ports and NO WiFi on the Pi Zero.

There are a lot of things to consider besides price like application, use case, size, ect.

• @brolly759 said in "full Linux computer":

C.H.I.P

Where did you learn abbreviations?

is gone now and Raspberry Pi makes no money on their

makes !-> their; 1 != 2.

5$ version but has enough sales to break even and use it as a loss leader (Educational purposes).

Omega2's stellar review on Amazon says the expansion board costs three times its parts. I wonder if sales from those subsidize the Omega's cost; do Onion sell it at a loss like one video game console company do for their consoles?

Each platform supports different functions. Did you know you could have up to 5 Ethernet ports on the Omega and it supports native soft AP to act like a router / hub? There are no Ethernet ports and NO WiFi on the Pi Zero.

According to https://community.onion.io/post/15771 the GPIO pins support four ports but they don't come preinstalled or free! Likewise the Pi Zero has 17 spare pins. Pi Zero W for $10 has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

There are a lot of things to consider besides price like application, use case, size, ect.

ect. is not a thing; it's etc.

• @alysdexia said in "full Linux computer":

Talking to you is like talking to a wall if all you choose to do is pick on vocabulary rather than focus on the message. Good luck to you and getting support on here with that attitude. You dont like Onion? Dont use it. Standard markup is generally 3x cost on all products. If you choose to complain about it then as I said prior, dont buy it.

Look at the Raspberry Pi Touchscreen that sells for $75+ , I can easily get the "parts" for 3 times less the cost sourcing Alibaba vendors. Everything on Adafruit is significantly more expensive than their parts, sometimes up to 20x the cost. The fact you are trying to compare price with a fairly recent kickstarter company to Raspberry Pi that has been around for years and volume is significantly higher is just laughable and a mute argument.

• @alysdexia said in "full Linux computer":

According to https://community.onion.io/post/15771 the GPIO pins support four ports but they don't come preinstalled or free! Likewise the Pi Zero has 17 spare pins. Pi Zero W for $10 has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Pi Zero don't have Ethernet and Flash memory. Flash memory is better to avoid data corruption on systems with unstable power supplies.
    BTW, in some environments Wi-Fi is not a option.

IMHO, Omega is better for migrate from advanced MCU applications than Pi Zero.

Another point is that Omega have a metal shield for radiated EMI, Pi Zero don't have.

If you want a full computer with monitor, sound, keyboard, use Raspberry or a PC.

• worth mentioning that the 5 "accessible" ethernet are on the omega2s which is quite a bit more expensive.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.