We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

'/dev/video0/' : no such file or directory

• Hello, I am currently working on a project with Omega2+, and I need to take a video. Since I did not found anything to take a video, I was thinking about taking a lot of images and make a video with it.

But I have a problem when I try to use fswebcam. I followed the steps on this guide: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-project-book-vol1/timelapse-camera.html so I assume that the installation is correct. But when I try to use a fswebcam command, I got this error:

Opening /dev/video0 . . .
    stat: No such file or directory

I am using this webcam: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/hd-webcam-c270?crid=34

I really don't understand why I got this error, maybe the webcam is incompatible?

Thanks for your response!

• Do you see in the kernel log that the device is recognized when you plug it in? dmesg to print the log.

• @Maximilian-Gerhardt

Hey. I also encountered a similar problem.
    Entered the command line dmesg, there were many different lines. Among them I saw these:

uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device USB 2.0 PC Cam (5149: 13d3)
    input: USB 2.0 PC Cam as /devices/platform/101c0000.ehci/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/input/input0

I understand that Omega sees my camera.
    PS
    Previously, everything was fine, but now error occurs:

Trying source module v4l2...
    /dev/video0 opened.
    No input was specified, using the first.
    Error selecting input 0
    VIDIOC_S_INPUT: Resource busy

• Hello @Maximilian-Gerhardt , thanks for your response! I did the command dmesg, and I read the whole log, and I didn't have

uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device USB 2.0 PC Cam (5149: 13d3)
    input: USB 2.0 PC Cam as /devices/platform/101c0000.ehci/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/input/input0 

like @CAP-33 (or something similar). So I assume that my webcam is not detected by the system, it was probably the problem! So I will take another. Thank you again

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.