We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Enabling Netconsole

• Hello,

I'm trying to get remote logs on my Omega and I think that netconsole might be great https://kernelnewbies.org/KernelDebug

Any ideas about how to enable it? I didn't find netconsole in the list of available modules (make menuconfig)...

Best

• @Lucas-Gozalvez

Why not just ssh into the omega and run logread -f?

For normal logging this should be sufficient. Of course, if you need to debug a kernel crash that brings down the system, you might need netconsole to see the "famous last words" of your kernel...

If you have the Onion Omega2 Firmware Build System already up and running, it's easy:

Just call

make kernel_menuconfig

And then navigate to -> Device Drivers -> Network device support -> Network core driver support and enable Netconsole.
    Then exit the menu and save the config.

Now build the firmware on the openwrt level:

make
    # can take hours if it's the first time you do it...

Now you have a complete firmware, containing a kernel with Netconsole built-in, or, if you had configured <M> in the menu and not <*>, the netconsole loadable kmod.

BTW: this generally works for tweaking kernel options that are not directly exposed in the openwrt level make menuconfig.
    But as make kernel_menuconfig modifies the kernel config template files of openwrt, changes might interfere with changes openwrt later tries to apply on top.

• I use remote logging extensively, you just need to configure it in your /etc/config/system:

HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

uci set system.@system[0].log_ip=$HOST
    uci set system.@system[0].log_port='514'
    uci set system.@system[0].log_proto='udp'
    uci commit system
    reload_config

Make sure you have the firewall configured on your remote logging host to allow the incoming logging.

• @crispyoz Thanks. This is super useful

• To enable netconsole logging, you will specify the interface used to reach the syslog server, the IP and port of the syslog server, and optionally the MAC address of that server www.mcdvoice.com thank you

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.