We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Multiroom Set-Up with Onion Omega 2 | Cross Compile Issue with SnapCast

• Hey guys,

I'm new to the Omegas world and I'd like to share my first steps and my first project with the community. Also I'm stuck at a point currently but I'm going to describe it later.

My first project is a Multi-Room Audio System. Thankfully, in times of Corona, I have now enough time to do so.

I'm using three Onion Omega2, which are set up like it is described in this article: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-project-book-vol1/airplay-audio-receiver.html

A litte change was needed, because it did not work right out of the box. Instead of installing Shairport with

opkg install shairport-sync

I needed to use instead:

opkg install shairport-sync-openssl

The rest worked absolutely fine. So I got pleased by three working AirPlay Speakers in my home.
    I really like this set up, it works fine for me with my Mac and iTunes but there is one problem I'm actually facing.

I'm also using a Raspberry Pi with the software Volumio installed as a standalone Media Player in my garage. Volumio does not offer the capability to output audio via AirPlay but it has a Plugin for SnapCast. Referring to this GitHub post it seems like its possible to run a Snapcast-client on the Onion Omega but it needs to be cross compiled. I tried that (I spend the whole last two days with this task, I'm afraid...) with no luck.
    I followed this instruction: And I stuck using the following command the second time to choose the SnapCast package. After:

$ make menuconfig

I get the error that Greps could not find the SnapCast Makefile under the given path. I double checked that... it is there. But I'm not able to figure out how to get that up and running.

Does anybody here have an Onion Omega with a running SnapCast Client and could help me out make it running or could just share with me the already compiled file?

What's left to say: Stay healthy in times of corona and I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts about my project and hopefully you can help me with my problem!

• @asyxcv, you should compile it manualy, next link will be usefull: How to compile C/C++ native applications

You are trying to use old manuals about LEDE.

Another way your project has also special manifest for the OpenWRT system (see snapcast/openWrt/Makefile.openwrt) it needs to make .ipk-files (packages) for the opkg util. But this file is old and needs to be fixed. And last: making your own packages for opkg is very difficult task for masters. More infirmations about it you can get from OpenWRT official documents, community and examples.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.