We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Onion omega 2S pro flash memory issue.

• Hi Lazar Demin,
    I flashed onion omega2S pro firmware because of I am using Onion2S+ means it's having 32MB flash and 128MB RAM right.
    but it is showing me 6.6MB only and temps even RAM size also showing less..gg1.PNG gg.PNG . please help me what could be the problem. how to get 32MB flash memory. I need to utilize that 32MB flash memory, I don't require eMMC. how to disable eMMC.

• administrators

@Nagarjuna-Reddy
    Can you please outline what you're trying to accomplish?

If you're trying to run the OS from the eMMC storage:

You've succeeded! By using the Omega2 Pro firmware, it has set everything up to run the OS from eMMC.

This is the case with your device. The OS is running from the eMMC, you can tell by this line in your df -h command output:

6CC4459B-9C3D-44B3-B233-86E0D83C12D6.png

This is mounted as the root / and there's 7.1 GB total size with 6.3 GB available.

You can confirm this by running df -h /. This will report the available space on the root filesystem.

If you're trying to run the OS from the internal flash, and use eMMC as external storage:

You'll need to flash the Omega2+ firmware to your device.

To flash the Omega2+ firmware, follow the instructions in this documentation article: http://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/manual-firmware-installation.html

A new notes:

• In step 1, download the omega2p firmware with the highest build number. As of April 29, 2020, that's omega2p-v0.3.2-b239.bin
    • In step 2, you'll need the -F option since you are attempting to flash a device with Omega2 Pro firmware with Omega2+ firmware

If that's not what you're trying to accomplish

Then please let me know:

• What you're trying to accomplish
    • What is your expected result
    • What you've tried
    • And how it turned out

Regarding your comment on RAM:

@Nagarjuna-Reddy said in Onion omega 2S pro flash memory issue.:

but it is showing me 6.6MB only and temps even RAM size also showing less..

The output from the free command shows 124920 kB, that's ~ 128MB

6CC4459B-9C3D-44B3-B233-86E0D83C12D6321.png

If you're curious about how tmpfs works, read more here: https://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/FilesystemTMPFS

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.