We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Ethernet activity led gpio change???

• I designed a custom board with Omega2S+. Currently ethernet activity led is controlled by GPIO43.. Can I change it to GPIO14 or else? If yes, could you inform me about how i can do it?

Another question, i couldn't determined if ethernet port work properly yet. Wifi AP is works well, I can connect internet over my internet. But it is via Wifi AP, I couldn't find a way how can I do this via ethernet.. Could you help me?

Thanks.

• @optech You have two questions so it is always better to post each question in a separate post.

You can trigger a LED using the package kmod-ledtrig-netdev, take a look at the openwrt docs on this module, but I am not sure if it works with the warp core driver as I have not tried it.

To check if ethernet is connecting to the internet, first run ifconfig and check that the ethernet device has a valid ip. Stop your wifi device using ifdown wwan, now see if you can ping 8.8.8.8.

• thank you for your answer, i will try your advices and I will write the results here...

• It looks like i have a hardware design related problem. After I resolve it, i will check for led trigger issue.. thanks for your reply...

• @crispyoz I have found the cause of hardware related problem on my custom design board. Ethernet is working now šŸ™‚ it is time to trigger setup for ethernet activity led. šŸ™‚

I read many article about it. I saw kmod-ledtrig-netdev control structure. but i guess firstly i need to build a led directory symb link in /sys/class/leds/.. when i check i just see, omega2lte:amber:system and omega2lte:blue:wifi as led control symbolic links. So If i find a way to add here a new link for my custom gpio like omega2lte:white:ethernet, then i can try to use ledtrig-netdev.

Do you know how i can add a led to /sys/class/leds/ directory? Does it have to be done before compiling sources?

• @optech The files in this directory are typically created by a kernel module that's managing those resources.

• @crispyoz do you know how i can set that kernel module for custom leds?

• @optech take a look at the wiki on this topic:

https://oldwiki.archive.openwrt.org/doc/uci/system#wifi_activity

If you are using a custom board with an additional LED, you may need to update the DTS to support this.

• @crispyoz It works now!!! I write what i did to help people who need this info for future.. šŸ™‚

Before compiling, I changed the omega2 dts file (OMEGA2.dtsi) from target/linux/ramips/dts as below:

leds {
    		compatible = "gpio-leds";

system_led: system {
    			gpios = <&gpio1 12 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
    		};
    		eth0_led0: link {
    			label = "omega2p:green:link"; 
    			gpios = <&gpio0 14 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
    			default-state = "off"; 
    		};
    		eth0_led1: data {
    			label = "omega2p:orange:data"; 
    			gpios = <&gpio0 15 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
    			default-state = "off"; 
    		};
    	};

After I compile and load the binary, i see "omega2p:green:link omega2p:amber:system omega2p:orange:data" links in /sys/class/leds ..

Then i configured leds for ethernet using netdev-trigger using luci..

@crispyoz Thank you for your help.. It was very helpful..šŸ˜Š šŸ‘

By the way, it was my hardest led blinking work since 15 years šŸ˜Š

• @optech Congratulations. I used this about 2 years ago to get my leds functional but then ended up using LedChain by @luz as my purpose was slightly different.

Did they have leds 15 years ago? I'm a bit young to know šŸ™‚

• @crispyoz I feel elderly now šŸ™ƒ

• This post is deleted!

• @optech small victories lead to larger ones.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.