We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

TAU stuck on "Looking for connected Tau LiDAR Camera hardware ..."

• Hi lads!
    So, after installing everything according to the step-by-step Guide, python 3.9, pip updated, Tau server, libraries and APIs installed, etc... and when trying to execute the "python -m TauLidarServer" command, it just stays there, indefinitely.
    I'm not sure if I have a faulty Tau hardware, or my USB-C path/port isn't the correct one.

TauLidarCamera 0.0.3
    TauLidarCommon 0.0.2
    TauLidarServer 0.0.5
    pip 21.1.3
    Python 3.9.6
    Win10

Tau Lidar connected to COM1 (USB\VID_0483&PID_5740\00000000001A
    )

Status for device COM1:

Baud:            115200
    Parity:          None
    Data Bits:       8
    Stop Bits:       1
    Timeout:         OFF
    XON/XOFF:        OFF
    CTS handshaking: OFF
    DSR handshaking: OFF
    DSR sensitivity: OFF
    DTR circuit:     OFF
    RTS circuit:     ON

• Hey @Zakrze ! sounds frustrating. Are you able to run any of the other examples?
    What browser are you typing the 127.0.0.1 URL into?
    Do you have any spam protection plug-ins ? may need to disable for that URL

• Hi @kevin-lefrank, my TauLidar Server not even starts in the CMD, its stays there forever at "Looking for connected Tau LiDAR Camera hardware ..." loop

• @Zakrze were you able to run any of the other examples from the GitHub repo?
    Do they stop at the same point?

• administrators

@Zakrze I'm also interested to hear if any of the example python programs ran properly.

If not, please try running the new checkCamera.py example program to try to narrow down what's going on with that problematic camera.
    You can find all of the details on the checkCamera.py example program here: https://github.com/OnionIoT/tau-lidar-camera/tree/master/examples#checkcamerapy-program

Let me know how it goes - I'll do my best to help you debug this issue.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.