We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

mtk-sd 10130000.sdhci: no support for card's volts

• Hi,

I have a custom board with an Omega2S+ which uses this SD Card Connector. The data sheet is here.

The card is NOT mounted automatically and the following messages are appearing in the kernel log:

Screenshot 2021-12-22 at 21.10.35.png

Below is our schematic for the connector, it was derived from the reference schematic here:

Screenshot 2021-12-22 at 21.12.28.png

Is there anything obvious that I have missed here?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

• Team Onion

Hi,it seems that the schematic is ok. You can check that if the SMT issue or you can check the SDCD PIN Voltage when the sd card insert .

• @timj I use the exact same part on my custom boards, the most common issue I have experienced is a bad GND. The second most common issue is rubbish SD Cards. Try a few different ones and see if that helps.

Also look at the logs and see if a) the card insertion is detected; b) if the file system is identified

• Thank you @JeffZhou and @crispyoz the schematic is good.

It turns out the symbol/footprint we used in the design was incorrect. With a micro SD adapter soldered to the pins a range of cards were successfully detected and mounted.

The carrier quality is good so for anyone wanting to use it, these links helped:

There is stock available here.

Digikey has some good document references for the carrier here.

SnapEDA has a great symbol and footprint for the carrier here.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.