We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2S keeps crashing while installing packages

• Hi guys,
    I've just received my Omega2S, added the required power and ground lines and booted it. Everything was working fine and I could connect via ssh. Now if I try to install node using opkg install node-npm, I see the line that says "Downloading..." and then the Omega freezes. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I'm on the latest firmware.

Hope you can help me.

Best regards
    Robert

• administrators

@justRobsi this sounds like a power issue. When installing packages the wifi radio is working to download the files, the CPU is writing the download to RAM, etc. There's a lot going on so the power draw increases significantly and sharply.

To get over this hurdle during development, I recommend either:

1. Using an Omega2S Development Kit - it allows for swapping Omega2S modules and has the required power circuit
    2. Getting a (through-hole) Omega2 or Omega2+ and a Dock for your development - this will eliminate any power supply issues

And then when making your own circuit to power the Omega2S, please refer to the Omega2S Hardware Design Guide and the Omega2S reference schematic

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.