We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

GPS Expansion Board arrived with unsoldered USB port

• So I've just received both the GPS expansion and the OLED expansion which only took around 6 months. I'm all for backing kickstarter projects like this because they're awesome. I'm a little bit annoyed that my GPS expansion board came with the USB port completely unsoldered, I can literally remove it from the PCB.

Am I to expect this level of poor QC on all products purchased through the onion brand?
    I'm a little bit disappointed by this.

alt text

• This is common with a small start up they also had problems with the power switch just not enough heads for the hats needed.

• @Phil-John said in GPS Expansion Board arrived with unsoldered USB port:

I'm a little bit annoyed that my GPS expansion board came with the USB port completely unsoldered, I can literally remove it from the PCB.

Am I to expect this level of poor QC on all products purchased through the onion brand?

Please read the guidelines how you can get help for Hardware Problems. The link you will find on top of the page.
    I'm sure they will substitute it for you ... or did you take the solder away on purpose šŸ˜†

• No I just re-soldered it myself already, I'm not looking to cause problems and I know they're a small company. I just wanted to point out that I received something that clearly hadn't been through any QC or had slipped through unfortunately.

• :thumbsup_tone2: Great you could solve it and also very nice you gave feedback.

My comment was about how onion.io likes to be informed and how we getting things solved.

Making compliments following by a kick or a hit, has just not the same effect as if you give feedback separately šŸ˜‰

I'm looking forward to see some nice projects or tutorials you make for us šŸ˜²

• administrators

@Phil-John Sorry about that! I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue DIY-style.

We had defined testing and QA procedures for the GPS Expansion, however, the factory that manufactured the GPS Expansion did not follow our instructions. Needless to say, we are no longer doing business with them.

Thank you for your patience with us, we've definitely learned a LOT since the KickStarter campaign.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.