We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Hi, Can anyone recommend which eMMC I can use with Omega2S?

• There are few eMMC's I could find such as those from Toshiba(like the one in Omega2S devkit), Micron and Kingston, but most of them are out of stock some no longer produced, it's even harder to find under the 4GB density. I will be happy if somebody can make a suggestions or recommendations on which one to use best.

On another question related to eMMC, they are produced using different standard, to ensure operation and compatibility, does it matter to Omega2S the JEDEC standard eMMC is implemented say 4.1, 5.0 and 5.1. or its not at all related?

• Are you sure you want to tackle high ball-count BGA packaged eMMC chip (typically 150 balls), extracting 8-bit data, few cotrol signal leads (about 4), level shifting, high-speed timing?

Non-mass production: not worth it.
    High production count: hire a competent engineering firm.

• @gi-L you could try the emmc made for single board computers,
    https://ameridroid.com/t/flash-storage
    you might be able to find a break out board that would reduce it to spi but even that might not keep up. there is a sd card interface for just testing
    *the emmc states compatibility requirement so not sure if the sd card works outside of those units mentioned.

• Thanks guys for the reply.

I am working on a project using Omega2S that will be mass produced and i need to make sure the emmc compatibility.
    The Omega2S did not mention the version of eMMC for the module but on the schematics of the devkit with emmc it uses the Toshiba THGBMBG6D1KBAIL. From quick search at google it indicates that this supports JEDEC 5.0. But the 5.0 version implements the DS or the data Strobe Pin which is not available on the Omega2S.

Is it right to think that the Omega2S only supports JEDEC 4.51 and below? Or maybe I can leave out the DS pin (Data Strobe) and the emmc works as 4.5x? But if that's the case why is it not reflected on their devkit schematics?

Im still learning this emmc and I welcome any ideas.
    @Douglas-Kryder thanks for the link

• Does eMMC have the same write / read limits as SD Cards? If so or close to it, it may be worth making your product with an SD card so its easily repairable where you can send just an SD card in the mail for easy replacement. I haven't done the cost analysis yet on whether or not an SD card with holder will be cheaper in the long run vs the manufacturing difficulty of BGA

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• This may be a stupid question, but where do you find the Datasheet, with the BGA information? I can't find any information on how ot connect it.

• Hi,
    i work on project with Omega2S+and 8GB eMMC storage.
    I confirme, successfull work and tested with this eMMC (THGBMHG6C1LBAIL), link text
    1_1548854462254_IMG_20190130_080918.jpg 0_1548854462253_IMG_20190130_080809.jpg

root@Omega-41C4:~# lsblk
    NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    mtdblock0 31:0 0 192K 1 disk
    mtdblock1 31:1 0 64K 1 disk
    mtdblock2 31:2 0 64K 0 disk
    mtdblock3 31:3 0 31.7M 0 disk
    mtdblock4 31:4 0 1.3M 1 disk
    mtdblock5 31:5 0 30.4M 1 disk /rom
    mtdblock6 31:6 0 24.4M 0 disk /overlay
    mmcblk0 179:0 0 7.3G 0 disk
    └─mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 7.3G 0 part

root@Omega-41C4:~#

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.