We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega 2+ firmware upgrade

• I am currently using several 2+ devices as MPD servers. Some on power dock and some on expansion dock.
    Due to experience and familiarity I use Luci and Putty SSH to monitor /administer these devices.
    Devices are currently on Firmware Version: 0.2.2 b200
    Oupgrade recommends upgrade to Firmware Version: 0.3.2 b233
    Last time I upgraded ( admittedly some time ago) the device was left as a clean installation and I had to re-install and reconfigure the necessary components. Whilst this is not difficult, it is time consuming and a little annoying.
    Before I go ahead with the upgrade I would like to hear from other users about their experiences.

Ques 1:
    Does oupgrade still do this and force me to reinstall and reconfigure components?

Ques 2:
    Has anybody have any experience using Luci to upgrade firmware on the Omega2+?

• @Michael-Lynch oupgrade i a script that ultimately runs the sysupgrade command. Sysupgrade does preserve configuration files and has the option -c to preserve the /etc directory. If you are running a custom firmware build you should test it on one of your devices. My own devices do not run oupgrade I prefer to upgrade my devices using my own firmware build which has been updated to pull in the latest updates from OpenWrt.

Can't speak about Luci as I don't use it.

• @crispyoz Thanks for your prompt reply. I do not use a custom build. I guess I will have to just try and see what happens.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.