We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Help getting into my Omega

• Good day,

The end of this question is how can I get back into my Omega 2+ that I upgraded?

I have an Omega 2+ that I have not used for quite some time. To use it today, I referred to old notes I had from first starting to use it some years ago. I derived those notes, at the time, from my first time starting the Omega working from the original instructions.

I could not reach it with a browser from my MacBook, so I used ssh and logged in successfully today.

Since it had been a while since I used this, I did a firmware check, and performed the oupgrade.

I cannot get back into the Omega with ssh or anything else. I cannot see it on my network. I cannot join its 192.x.x.x network. My home network is and has been 10.0.x.x.

At this moment I am pretty well hosed.

It there anyway I can get back into this Omega?

By the way, the Omega is plugged into the MacBook via a USB cord. Also, the Omega is plugged into a larger board with the pin-outs, USB 2, and the power receptacle. The board has a power switch.

So . . . help, please. How can I get back into this?

• administrators

@Zonque If you have the Expansion Dock, you can connect through USB serial. More notes here

This doesn't rely on wifi to connect to the Omega and will give you a better idea of what's going on with your device

• @Lazar-Demin
    Thank you very much. I'll give this a look. I appreciate your help.

• @Zonque As Lazar alluded to, I suspect your firmware deployment probably blew away your configuration so you should approach the device as if it were a new device and follow the docs on how to access a new device.

https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/connecting-to-the-omega-terminal.html#connecting-to-the-omega-terminal

• Yup, it did do that. I finally got in.

By the way, I used my iPhone to look at routers on my network and learn some stuff. It helped me find the Omega.

Thanks again, folks.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.