We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

python GPIO 27 (amber led)

• Hi,

I was trying to set the value of GPIO 27 (amber led) through python and did not find out how.

I am able to turn "/sys/class/leds/onion:amber:system/trigger" to "gpio" but then I do not know what file holds the pin value so I can change it accordingly.
    "/sys/class/gpio/gpio$/value" seems to work for other pins but not 27

Can you help?
    Thanks in advance

• administrators

@Klitos-Giannakopoulos I believe the gpio trigger makes the LED blink when there is activity on the GPIOs, but I haven't experimented with it.

To turn the Omega's LED on and off, try setting the trigger to default-on and none, respectively. This should be easily doable in Python.
    Check out the Omega LED + Morse Code Wiki page for details/inspiration.

• Hi Lazar,

sorry It took me so long to answer.
    Yes I have already thought about doing it this way and it works!

What bothers me though, is that if you change it to GPIO and then use fast-gpio script on the linux console, it does light the amber led wihtout changing the trigger to default-on, so I think there is a hidden file somewhere that controls the gpio of the amber led if the trigger is set to gpio

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.