We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2+ apps editor/terminal/webcam problems

• I just wonder why there isn't an app like editor, terminal and webcam not included due to memory hungry, there isn't an app to return it, point me in the right direction. Yep I'm a noob.

• Assuming you have your Omega2+ set up and connected to the internet, you can install these packages from the command line (which you can access either via ssh or via the USB serial interface). E.g.

root@Omega-B287:/# opkg install onion-console-editor
    Installing onion-console-editor (0.2-1) to root...
    Downloading http://repo.onion.io/omega2/packages/onion-console-editor_0.2-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk.
    Configuring onion-console-editor.

Similarly for onion-console-terminal and onion-console-webcam

• @Colin-Hogben thank you and working

• Still not working for me.

root@Omega-1234:~# opkg install onion-console-editor
    Installing onion-console-editor (0.3-1) to root...
    Downloading http://repo.onion.io/omega2/packages/onion-console-editor_0.3-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk.
    Collected errors:
     * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for onion-console-editor:
     *     	cgi-io *
     * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package onion-console-editor.

I've tried a an opkg-update, as well as a full factory reset and the problem persists. I can install several other packages (e.g. git, python, mjpg-streamer), but there other key ones missing (e.g. no git-http).

Anyone else experiencing this?

• @Mike-Griffith Please double check your firmware virsion to be at least 0.1.5 b130. And if not, better update your version. I replicate the situation, it works pretty well with b130. If problem remains, feel free to ask. Don't forget to update your progress. Thanks.

• @Kyle-Xu Sorry to be off-topic here, but Kyle, I like your avatar photo. šŸ˜†

• I had the same problem with the console Terminal after using multiple Omega2's on the same browser. In Chrome, I opened an Incognito browser and was able to access it just fine. I think it has more to do with how Chrome is caching sessions.

• @Greg-Howard Yes, browser caching can cause problems from time to time. Clear your cache regularly or us an incognito window as you suggest

• Similar issues here although........

I have now got my editor working having resorted to installing Chrome on my Mac because Safari would't play the game. Annoying that I have to use a different tool to peel an Onion.

Despite the Console Editor working fine, the Console Terminal does not. I am presented with a sad face icon and a message XX.XXX.XXX.XXX refused to connect.

Does anyone have any clue as to what might be the issue?

My Terminal App on my MacBook Pro allows connection no problem whatsoever and that is the case when my MacBook Wifi is either connected my own ADSL Network or to the Omega-XXXX directly because the Omega2+ is connected to my Network and I also have the macbook connected to my Network via a LAN cable. Bit of an each way bet you might say.

Now I'm no unix/linux expert but have dabbled a little in unix over the years so I can sometimes kludge my way around. Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Chris

• ^^I'd like to bump this issue as well. Same problem, on Chrome. Editor works fine, I can SSH but can't successfully run the "opkg onion-console-terminal" and "opkg onion-console-webcam" commands in PuTTY.

• @Chris-Parker I think I have found a solution, or more specifically, I personally have found a solution that works for me and solves my variant of the issue that you had.

We both had the same problem, namely that in Chrome we were able to access Console Editor but unable to access Console Terminal (and in my instance, Console Webcam). My solution came in an unexpected way, namely by using another web browser to access Console. So, I temporarily abandoned my beloved Chrome and hopped on Microsoft Edge (I am running Win10. Perhaps you might use Firefox or other browser). Because I couldn't get the "http://omega-XXXX.local/" to run, I used "192.168.3.1" to access terminal.

Upon logging in, I selected Console Terminal, and voila, it prompted me to install it! Turns out that what you and I are seeing is where the Console Terminal isn't installed, and for some reason it's not prompting us to do so, just showing a page stating that the IP address refused to connect!

Hope this solves your issue!

Update: After restart Console Terminal is a blank white screen, and Console Webcam doesn't work again. Might not be the solution needed...

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.