We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2+: reboot and sd card fixed!

• @Lazar-Demin Hurrey!!! Do you have resources to host a wiki? Or money to buy a hosted wiki from one of the better known wikifarm? I think dumping and formatting info together, as a community and you - devs, we'd travel at much faster and less stressful pace. šŸ™‚

• I installed the b143 firmware using the instructions here:
    https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/manual-firmware-installation.html

I can confirm that the system can see/write/read from the SD card.

Nice.

• I did oupgrade --latest, from https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/first-time-setup-command-line.html, and that seemed to do the trick.

Using b145 now and confirm SD card working. Annoyingly though, the reboot fix means that poweroff is also rebooting.

Check df first to see if it got mounted automatically. Mine was mounted on /tmp for a bit and then it got unmounted by itself.

I then checked /dev directory and found something like mmcblk0p1, then did mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sda1 and was able to peruse through the contents of my SD card in the /mnt/sda1 folder.

If neither of those options work try dig through the contents of dmesg, a fixed SD card should look like this:

[    4.425711] MTK MSDC device init.
    [    4.468827] mtk-sd: MediaTek MT6575 MSDC Driver
    [    4.477086] sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
    [    4.483459] sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
    [    4.491632] sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
    [    4.506441] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
    [    4.523233] init: - preinit -
    [    4.836974] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa
    [    4.936856] mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SL08G 7.40 GiB
    [    4.949692]  mmcblk0: p1

and a broken one like this:

[ 542.418508] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address 1234
    [ 542.424731] mmcblk: probe of mmc0:1234 failed with error -28

• Attempting to use the manual firmware upgrade method outlined by @steven de Salas and @Martin Wiedemeyer... On using the sysupgrade command to firmware omega2p-v0.1.8-145.bin I am prompted for root sign in whereas the root login no longer works.

This may be a feature so the update in not interrupted, but does not seem like it. I could also be that the 0.1.8 requires a login that the 0.1.7 does not.

Firmware not upgrading on command. Any suggestions other than us the "-F" for force the firmware upgrade?

• @Greg-Howard said in Omega2+: reboot and sd card fixed!:

Attempting to use the manual firmware upgrade method outlined by @steven de Salas and @Martin Wiedemeyer... On using the sysupgrade command to firmware omega2p-v0.1.8-145.bin I am prompted for root sign in whereas the root login no longer works.

This may be a feature so the update in not interrupted, but does not seem like it. I could also be that the 0.1.8 requires a login that the 0.1.7 does not.

Firmware not upgrading on command. Any suggestions other than us the "-F" for force the firmware upgrade?

Just make sure the firmware file is under /tmp directory tree before trying --force'ing.

• administrators

The firmware changelog and known issues listing is up! See the docs site: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/firmware-reference.html

@Zogg-Baubas We have plans to overhaul the existing Onion wiki and make it more user friendly. In the meantime, please consult the documentation at docs.onion.io

@Greg-Howard @Zogg-Baubas
    No need to manually run sysupgrade to get to the latest firmware, you can just run oupgrade -l and it will take care of everything for you. This is mentioned in the docs, see the section titled Upgrading to the Latest Version at https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/updating-the-omega.html

• @Lazar-Demin said in Omega2+: reboot and sd card fixed!:

The firmware changelog and known issues listing is up! See the docs site: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/firmware-reference.html

@Zogg-Baubas We have plans to overhaul the existing Onion wiki and make it more user friendly. In the meantime, please consult the documentation at docs.onion.io

@Greg-Howard @Zogg-Baubas
    No need to manually run sysupgrade to get to the latest firmware, you can just run oupgrade -l and it will take care of everything for you. This is mentioned in the docs, see the section titled Upgrading to the Latest Version at https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/updating-the-omega.html

About the oupgrade - when Omega has no internet connectivity we have to place the binary manually, hence the usage of sysupgrade.

And about the Wiki - lets do it! We need to have space to offload information from forums into better structured medium.

• Is it really fixed? in v0.1.8 I still can't connect my SD card. I even used dmesg to see it correctly. The always helping command mount did not solve the problem. Any Ideas?

• @Vinh-Tran it is fixed in firmware 0.1.9 (b149)

• @Lazar-Demin , after receiving last kickstarter letter about 0.1.9 firmware I tried to upgrade firmvare and result is only this message:

Checking latest version online...
    ERROR: Could not connect to Onion Firmware Server! Check your internet connection and try again!

But my internet connection is OK, would you check the state of your server? I tried different methods of upgrade. None work. It was worked nice yesterday for 0.1.7, but not today for 0.1.9.

• @Lazar-Demin Thank you... how do we mount the micro SD card? The docs micro SD card link: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/omega2p.html#using-a-microsd-card is not working. Thanks.

• @B-T If your card is formatted with a supported filesystem it should be available under /tmp/run/mountd/mmcblk0p1 or similar automatically as soon as you insert the card. You can check free space on the card and where it is mounted simply by calling df on the command-line.

• So I can see my SD card and I can write to/read from it but I'm still not sure if it can be used for installing packages etc

• @WereCatf not showing the card when running df, my card is 32 GB and the closes to it is /dev/mtdblock6 25728. I did check the path you shared with me and it looked like there was something with the size of my card. Is this the path where I should be checking to get to my card?

• @B-T What do df -h|grep "mmcblk0" and ls -l /dev/mmcblk* give you?

• Setting up Omega2+ is more a frustration compared to Raspberry Pi or Arduino.

Anyone knows a workaround to get SD Card working (I already tried build 149)?
    df : always doesn't show the card
    dmesg shows me my card:
    MTK MSDC device init.
    mtk-sd: MediaTek MT6575 MSDC Driver
    sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
    sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
    sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
    usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
    init: - preinit -
    mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address xxxx
    mmcblk0: mmc0:xxxx SL32G 29.0 GiB
    random: procd: uninitialized urandom read (4 bytes read, 9 bits of entropy available)
    mmcblk0: p1

• @Vinh-Tran Have you formatted the card? It's supposed to also spit out a line similar to mmcblk0: p1 after those lines you have there, if there is a partition on the card.

• @WereCatf sorry, figured out that the latest system is too lazy. it didn't mount the sd card.
    I solve it by creating a new folder and using mount command.

I also edited my previous post with the missing information

• With v1.9 firmware, the SD is automounted at /tmp/mounts/SD-P1 šŸ™‚

• and if you have a second partition it will be mounted at /tmp/mounts/SD-P2 etc

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.