Oupgrade will swap user files?
@Chuck-Parro Sorry to hear you are having problems with this. It has all been working fine with me.
Could you post a copy of your /etc/sysupgrade.conf file from your Omega so I (or someone else) could have a look at it.
I found my error. When i used the built in editor to add the lines to sysupgrade.conf i didn't hit 'enter' after the last line to signify eol. I noticed it when i used cat to display the file as i got ready to post another message. Sorry to waste your time but thank you for helping.
I was wrong. The dir only gets saved by sysupgrade.conf if it has something in it. If the dir i add is empty it doesn't get saved. When i put some dummy file into it it works. Does this make sense or is there something else i am missing.
@Chuck-Parro Glad to hear you got something sorted. Interesting to know about the issue with empty directories - I'll see what I get with that case.
@Chuck-Parro I agree with you regarding empty directories not getting preserved.
- Just created two directories under /
- One I left empty, one I put a file in
- Named both in /etc/sysupgrade.conf
- Did an oupgrade -force
- The directory with a file was preserved, the empty directory was removed
@Kit-Bishop that's odd... not really a Console issue though, I'll look into it.
If you want to preserve a directory (i presume for mount points?), make a dummy file in it. The dummy file can be empty.
@Lazar-Demin Yes, thanks - that pretty much matches my experience.
And you are right about wanting to preserve mount point directories.
I name 2 directories in /etc/sysupgrade.conf that i want preserved:
- My USB mount point
- My /root directory - that's where I put files I'm currently working on and testing and I don't want them wiped over an upgrade - though that obviously isn't an issue if /root is empty at the time of upgrade since it gets re-created on the upgrade
@Kit-Bishop yep, that's exactly my reasoning with the /root directory
The next firmware release will have
/etc/sysupgrade.confupdated to include
coming very soon!!!
@Lazar-Demin Cool - thanks