We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega 2 and Arduino dock.

• I have an Omega2plus 0.1.7 b139 and an Arduino dock v2 0.1-1. I have installed avrdude 6.1-1 and modified the boards.txt. Even running opkg list-installed and find it still there. What ever I do today as it was working well yesterday between Onion Omega and Arduino IDE but not today, what going on?
    Found it sometime worked most of the time don't work, think it the antenna kinda hit and miss depend how you place it. If it don't work move it somewhere not too far from the spot. Anyway you try.

• @Michael-Xie48 This doesn't work for me. I get the following error:

alt text

• I upgraded to firmware version 0.1.9 b149. The SD card is being recognized. Thank you for that.

I have read in the documentation how to transfer the file system to a flash drive attached to the USB port. Can I transfer the file system to the SD card ? I have done this with a competitor’s SOC that uses the same processor as the Omega. The file system on an SD card is better than using a flash drive. It makes for a more compact setup and an expansion dock is not required.

Back to the Arduino dock V2. With the new firmware I am able to flash the Atmega328 on the Arduino-dock V2. The omega finally shows up in the Arduino IDE’s port list.

How about publishing the actual schematic of the Arduino-dock V2. The current documentation has the schematic of the Arduino-doc V1.

I tried to burn the bootloader into the Atmega328 on the Arduino dock V2 by using the Linux command given in the documentation; “sh /usr/bin/Arduino-dock flash bootloader”. All this does is tell me the Omega cannot find “bootloader”. That is why I asked where the Arduino bootloader file can be found. I thought that “bootloader” was a stand-in for the real file name. Foolish me. Turns out the bootloader is not needed.

BTW My system had the Bonjour service installed and I still could not connect using “omega-xxxx.local” until I edited the Windows hosts file and added the IP address and host name. I also setup my router to provide a fixed IP for the Omega’s MAC address. Which is another issue. The paper label on the Omega has a MAC address on it, but it is not the same MAC address that the Omega’s WiFi is using. The MAC on the paper label is used by the br-wlan, eth0 and eth0.1. A different MAC is used by apcli0. I typed “ifconfig” to get this information. I used the apcli0 MAC to setup my router. Again, it would be nice if things worked as described in the documentation.
    @James-Behrens

• 0.1.9 b149 seems to have broken my ability to connect to my arduino wirelessly. After updating it looks like the packages were uninstalled. I reinstalled them (opkg update, opkg install arduino-dock-2), still can't see the device. Rebooted my arduino, nothing, rebooted my Mac laptop, still nothing. The boards.txt file is still modified. Any suggestions?
    edit: pulling the power cord and rebooting the unit that way fixed it! Still, I'm curious why the packages were uninstalled after updating the firmware, I thought those were installed to root?

• @cusackph said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

edit: pulling the power cord and rebooting the unit that way fixed it! Still, I'm curious why the packages were uninstalled after updating the firmware, I thought those were installed to root?

That's due to how LEDE works: whenever you install new firmware, all packages you have previously installed get wiped out.

• @WereCatf said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

@cusackph said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

That's due to how LEDE works: whenever you install new firmware, all packages you have previously installed get wiped out.

Ok. But why does it say this on the Firmware Upgrade portion of the console? If the packages were installed in root, they should have been fine, no?

"Attention!

Firmware upgrade will erase all files outside of the /root and /etc directories. Please backup any custom files before proceeding."

• @cusackph You're just confusing the concept of the directory /root and the root of the filesystem -- packages are installed into the root of the filesystem, ie. /. It's not very obvious, I know.

• @WereCatf said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

@cusackph You're just confusing the concept of the directory /root and the root of the filesystem -- packages are installed into the root of the filesystem, ie. /. It's not very obvious, I know.

Ah, shoot, that's definitely on me then, thank you for clearing that up! Between the root of the filesystem, /root, and user root, there's probably a whole mess of stuff that's going to trip me up. Still basically new to linux, coding, the cli, etc. other than a few small projects so I've got a ton to learn here 🙂

• @cusackph Aye, these are the kinds of things you only learn over time. What's worse is that us, who already know this stuff, are so used to it that it doesn't always occur to us to mention such things anywhere!

• Hi Michael,

Yes, software installation wasn't an issue, my problem was fixed after pulling the power cord and plugging back in. After doing a sysupgrade it seems the arduino and omega got out of sync or something, totally pulling the power fixed the issue.

• @Michael-Xie48 Yes I have, that's when I got that error.

• hello guys

i have a similar problem.
    with the old firmware i was able to upload sketches on the arduino.
    then i made the upgrade and like cusackph i was surprised that everything i've set-up before was gone 😞

i made opkg install arduino-dock
    then the Arduino IDE sees the board under the list of boards.

i was thinking that i have the ability to upload sketches back as before BUT
    now i have an error i never had before on flashing (right after putting the password)

i also tried various press on MCU_reset button after password or plugin power off and on again .. but nothing changes

alt text

any toughts ?

• OK my bad.
    i installed arduino-dock instead of arduino-dock-2 ...
    doing opkg remove arduino-dock and then opkg install arduino-dock-2 makes the flashing work again.

the wiki should really inform beginners there are TWO different arduino packages

• and today this does not work ....

Flashing application '/tmp/sketch.hex' ...

ERROR, flash NOT successful
    Flash complete!
    avrdude: AVR device not responding
    avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
    Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
    this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

• im starting to be fed-up ....
    it worked yesterday with the latest firmware ...
    now after i did a factory reset i can't manage to upload any sketch.
    neither via Arduino last IDE nor manually.

this is what manuel install does with arduino-dock 1st version and arduino-dock 2nd version ...
    alt text

• how can avr-dude be "broken" ?

i do "opkg remove" of everything related with arduino (dock1, dock2, avr-dude ..)
    i reboot the system.
    then i reinstall each of these ( pikcing of course only one of the 2 docks cause they can't be used in the same time, anyway mine is the _2)
    i reboot the system just to be sure ...

Arduino IDE recognizes the board via WIFI, i can even inout the board PASSWORD ...
    but then this damn problem occurs.

i suspect it's the communication between the Omega and the ATmega that is going crazy.
    What should i do ? should i downgrade to the firmware that had CLOUD registering broken ?
    cause with that plugin i COULD ACTUALLY upload sketches.

i beg anyone to help, i'm starting to be fed-up with this.

• any clue ? (up)

• @frederic-raducki
    sometime I found my problem related to wifi, and yes, once I put it down it works but when I put it down again it won't work, I have tried not to touch it once it made connection, still works.. I am about 3 metres from the router which is a good distance.

• @David-Wickenden said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

@frederic-raducki
    sometime I found my problem related to wifi, and yes, once I put it down it works but when I put it down again it won't work, I have tried not to touch it once it made connection, still works.. I am about 3 metres from the router which is a good distance.

sure, thank for the suggestion but as you can see in screenshots higher: even a manual procedure with avr-dude fails 😞

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.