We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

[resolved] Help, My Omega2 plus can't start successfully

• Turn on the power after the LED will be long bright, after a few seconds will continue to flash, then the LED is off. No wifi

No dack how to Factory Reset

• Most likely your power supply cannot provide sufficient current to Omega 2+.

ccs_hello

• Thank you for your reply, the problem is solved, that is, voltage instability

• @ccs-hello
    I have the same issues with two different voltage regulators.
    I bought a first one which delivers ~3.1V, which I recon might not be enough.
    I made another one using a LMS1117 which delivers a very nice 3.3V from a USB charger. It says it handles 1A, and the USB charger can deliver up to 1.2A.

The worst part is that sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
    I did not connect anything else on the charger so the Omega2 should be able to draw whatever it needs.

• @Pierre-Rossinès said in [resolved] Help, My Omega2 plus can't start successfully:

@ccs-hello

That's the problem I have with my 2+'s wired up to AMS1117's. They will normally run for 24 to 36 hours and then fail. Don't know if they get too hot, run out of memory or receive a power spike. When I reboot them sometimes they boot up and sometimes they don't. If they don't bootup after a few tries I leave them for perhaps 30 to 60 minutes and generally they do bootup. Bit of a mystery.

Still waiting for someone to provide a reliable power source for these Omega's on a breadboard dock at a reasonable price. Like the one's Onion gave away for orders over $64.

Surely someone in the Far East can just copy the design or Onion could sell them at a reasonable price. Obviously not enough Omega users around or they would be readily available by now. @onion are you planning to sell the breadboard docks?

• administrators

@Costas-Costas Yes we are going to sell the breadboard dock on the store as soon as all crowdfunding fulfillment is done.

• @Zheng-Han that's good news. Roughly how long will it be before crowdfunding is finished?

• @Costas-Costas said in [resolved] Help, My Omega2 plus can't start successfully:

@Zheng-Han that's good news. Roughly how long will it be before crowdfunding is finished?

reading the updates on both kickstarter & indiegogo it's going to be a month or better.

• @Costas-Costas said in [resolved] Help, My Omega2 plus can't start successfully:

@Pierre-Rossinès said in [resolved] Help, My Omega2 plus can't start successfully:

@ccs-hello

That's the problem I have with my 2+'s wired up to AMS1117's. They will normally run for 24 to 36 hours and then fail. Don't know if they get too hot, run out of memory or receive a power spike. When I reboot them sometimes they boot up and sometimes they don't. If they don't bootup after a few tries I leave them for perhaps 30 to 60 minutes and generally they do bootup. Bit of a mystery.

My Omega 2+ had a similar problem in that it would not reboot after it had been running a while (10 or 15 minutes was enough). After sitting unpowered for a while, it would happily boot again and run without apparent issue.

Guessing that there was an intermittent thermally sensitive connection somewhere on the board that affected start up, I reflowed the solder on all exposed connections with an SMD hot air tool and the problem seems to have gone away. So with a sample set of one, it looks like a manufacturing defect in my case.

My Omega 2 (not plus) didn't have this particular issue.

Both had problems during boot when running from inadequate power. The symptom of that problem is running normally through startup, as monitored on the serial port, to the point where wifi was first brought up, about 18-20 seconds into the boot sequence. At that point they would reset and repeat this process indefinitely.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.