We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Install "ip" / How to use OLED?

• Hello everybody,

today my Omega arrived and I'm very happy. Thank's very much to everybody who made this possible! šŸ™‚
    But now I have some questions, maybe somebody can help me. And I hope that my questions aren't too stupid. :-X

1. How to install "ip"? I prefer it very much over "ifconfig". Do I have to cross compile OpenWRT and install the package using "opkg install ip-package"? Or is there a "pre-compiled repository" for such things?
    2. How am I supposed to used the OLED? I didn't find anything about that, so either I'm unable to search in an adequate way or it must be that easy that this question should never be asked.

So far thanks for reading my post and trying to help me! šŸ‘

BR
    Frank

• administrators

Hi Frank,

We're glad you like it and there's no such thing as a stupid question!

You can do the following to install the ip package:

• make sure your Omega is on the latest firmware
    • run opkg update in the terminal to grab the latest repo info
    • run opkg install ip to install the ip package

As for the OLED Expansion, we're still working on the drivers and the guide.
    Expect it most likely early next week!

-Lazar

• Hi Lazar,

thank's for this fast reply! Never used opkg that way so this obviously was a stupid question. šŸ˜‰ That way it has big similarities to apt-get, great.

BR
    Frank

P.S.: Just did it, works like expected. šŸ‘

P.P.S.:
    As I've some ideas in my head: Will it be possible to send "pictures" to the OLED? I'm talking about something like an arrow. Or will I just be able to write text to it? Or will there be no software to get text to the display and I'd have to do that myself?

BR
    Frank

• administrators

I'm still working on drivers for the Arduino dock, but I expect that the OLED driver will have support for writing text as well as programming single pixels so that different shapes can be drawn.

Maybe down the road we'll throw in an image converter as well šŸ™‚

• Hi Lazar,

that sounds great! Being able to program single pixels would be great for me, I wouldn't need the ability to convert pictures to pixels. šŸ˜‰

BR
    Frank

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.