We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

The same issue on both cards: cannot connect to Wifi

• @Lubomir-Haidamaka another thing to look at is the security setting. for testing purposes set that setting to "none" and see if makes connection.

• I have a similar problem, neither of my two Omega+ can find my home wifi.

I have two access points, both capable of using the 2.4 GHz band and not exclusively 802.11n. The SSID of the main AP is eight characters long, alphanumeric and '-'. I can connect to the O+ over wifi or serial, but when scanning for available networks 98 % of the time they find none, some odd times it discovers my neighbour's wifi.

Never before have I encountered any problem connecting to wifi at home with any other device.

I have tried to enter the information manually, but it still can't connect.

I am currently at work, where there are lots of networks available, including open ones, and still the device does not find any network at all.

Are both my cards broken?

• This post is deleted!

• @Johan-Adler in some situations power supply can be a problem. Did you use in both tests the same power source? Please verify problem using different power sources (capable of minimum 1A).

You can also try manually scan wireless network, by logging to omega2 by serial console and using iwlist [INTERFACE] s

• Also try rebooting your router - it's the common element. I had an issue similar issue with a couple of my Omegas, and it turned out to be the router all along.

• Hello,

I have had the same problem and find the issue here :
    http://community.onion.io/topic/1149/omega2-fails-to-connect-to-wifi/26
    in this suject see the post : Mikaël PIRIO 15 Jan 2017, 01:06

tell me if that solve your problem
    @+

• @Jakub-K Thank you! I think I have used a 2.1A power source, but I will check again.

@Pierre-LEFEBVRE I have tried parts of that solution (which an admin hoped to fix almost a year ago), I will look into it more if nothing else works.

It feels strange that a device sold for IoT should be so hard to actually connect to Internet, at least by normal wifi.

• I agree with you, it's not very user friendly..
    And so the issue, not very difficult to implement, should have been presented in the troubleshot's section official doc... If an admin read this post...

• @Jakub-K According to the datasheet the Mediatek MT7688 of the O2+ does support 802.11n, but as you stated it only supports 2.4 GHz.

• I have tried using an external antenna, no luck there, an external USB wifi adapter, no driver available. I have tried setting my 15 year old router to offer completely insecure wifi, the O2+ still can't connect to it. I have tried using my cell phone as an access point, both secure and completely insecure, still no luck.

I am afraid that my inevitable conclusion is that this whole project is garbage, if not a total scam. I will try to get the reseller to accept a return for a total refund.

My 15 year old router, a Netgear WGT634U, has been running OpenWRT for many years now, and I have compiled the image from scratch more times than I care to remember, so this is not related to lack of knowledge or experience.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.