Programming simple C/C++ executables for Omega from PC
I would like to write some programs for Omega2 in C or C++ since it has not enough flash memory to install Node.js and js modules properly. Therefore I would like to code my program in C/C++. I have been browsing through forum and stumbled upon cross-compilation. As I understand it, it is actually ment to compile kernel, which I don't need. Also when I was following steps on the tutorial of cross-compilation, when I ran command 'make', there was an error "yynyyyyynyyyyynyyn..."
So is there some nice tutorial how to set up comiler enviroment on VMware - Ubuntu, so I could compile some C++ program that would work on Omega2.
Thanks a lot.
I have found a simple way how to do it. Someone have made VirualBox image with all neccesarry tools needed:
Does anyone knows how to add separate libraries like curl, without using "make" comand, as it never ends and causes errors.
I'm not sure, if it's what you ment but.
install curl on omega:
echo "src/gz reboot_base https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/packages-17.01/mipsel_24kc/base" >> /etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf opkg update opkg install curl
We have quite a bit of content on cross-compilation that should make your life easier:
- Documentation article: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/cross-compiling.html
- Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOs75UsGe_o
- Article series detailing how to cross compile:
- Setting up the Build system: https://onion.io/2bt-cross-compiling-c-programs-part-1/
- Cross Compiling Programs: https://onion.io/2bt-cross-compiling-programs/
- Cross Compiling Programs that use External Libraries: https://onion.io/2bt-cross-compiling-c-programs-part-3/
The jist of it is that you'll need to use the Build System to do your cross compiling. If you need a separate library for your program, it will first have to be built by the build system before you can include it in your program.