FAQ: Why is the through-hole Omega2 pin spacing 2mm?
The Omega2 was designed with the goals of:
- maximizing functionality
- minimizing the size of the device
- making it easy to access the I/Os
A 2mm pitch for the headers was used to fit 32 pins on the tiny 42 x 26mm footprint.
We did not want to compromise on the size or the I/Os offered, and by extension the functionality of the device.
If the pin spacing is an issue for you, we have a few recommendations based on your goals:
- If you're looking to connect your Omega2 directly to a 2.54mm pitch breadboard, we recommend our Breadboard Dock.
- If you just need to wire out a few pins to an external circuit, any of the Omega2 Docks with an Expansion Header will be work
- This includes the Expansion Dock, Power Dock, Arduino Dock, even the Breadboard Dock if you have male-female jumpers.
- If you're looking to use the Omega2 with your own custom hardware, we recommend the surface-mount Omega2S