We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

openwrt-imagebuilder-wrapper for omega2lte

• Hello all,

I am trying to make custom firmware images in the openwrt-imagebuilder-wrapper for the omega2lte. How do I add the build model to the profile?

I was able to successfully make and compile firmware for the omega2 and omega2+ but these firmwares don't work on the omega2lte device. Here are the errors:

root@Omega81A4:/mnt/mmcblk0p1# sysupgrade onion_omega2p-22.03.5-20240717.bin 
    Image not in /tmp, copying...
    Device omega2lte not supported by this image
    Supported devices: onion,omega2p omega2p
    Image check 'fwtool_check_image' failed.

Ideally, I could just add the build model in the profile and build the image for the omega2lte. However, I have tried adding these lines and it doesn't work:

BUILD_MODELS="
    onion_omega2
    onion_omega2p
    omega2lte
    onion_omega2lte
    "

It just says profile not found.

How can I use the wrapper for the omega2lte?

Thanks in advance

• @thomas166 The imagewrapper script downloads the version of openwrt you have configured in profiles/default, in the case of the image wrapper repo on the onionIoT github this is version 22.03.2. But the lte is not include in this release.

You can install the firmware you included in your post above just add the -F switch:

sysupgrade -F onion_omega2p-22.03.5-20240717.bin

The additional files you need are here:

https://github.com/OnionIoT/OpenWRT-Packages/tree/openwrt-18.06/omega2-lte

You could add the lte to your build but you'll need some more advanced skills like migrating the dts and adding the lte packages to your feeds.

• Thank you for your response! Do you happen to know what packages I need to bundle into the firmware for the base omega2-lte?

In the image builder packages I was able to include:

IMAGE_BUILDER_PACKAGES="
    onion-repo-keys
    omega2-base
    omega2-base-files
    omega2-base-passwd
    omega2-ctrl
    i2c-tools
    omega2-lte-base
    "

I am unsure if I need to include the omega2-base and the omega2-lte-base. I just want to be able to prepare firmwares for the omega2-lte with some custom files/packages and not have to worry about firmware mismatching or factory resetting like in the cloning/overlay method.

• @thomas166 So there few components to your requirements. The first is that you don't want to have the firmware misimatch issue. The only solution to that is you need to that is to create a DTS for the lte, since sysupgrade reads the device type from from /tmp/bard.json and /etc/board.json, these are created when the device tree is loaded, so you need to create a dts with the correct identifier in it.

Here is a link to a patch I created that will add the lte device and include the lte-base in the build. This is a patch for OpenWrt 23.05.3 so you may have to merge it in manually.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.