We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2 Kickstarter is Live! An IoT computer for just 5 bucks!

• @Lazar-Demin Thanks for the offer of an Omega2 - much appreciated šŸ™‚

• @Lazar-Demin Unfortunately there is no pinout(*) description of the new Omega2 on the Kickstarter page - only some marketing shit and idiotic buzzwords ("cloud", "apps", and so on). So please, If you want people to support you, publish decent documentation first!!!

(*) It would be enough if you write down eactly which signals (as referred to in the datasheet) are you making available on the pin-header. (No, we don't need any "fancy" images like for small children. We need the information!)

Also, I would be interested to know if is it possible to build a working OpenWrt for Omega2 from the official OpenWrt sources or whether there are drivers/patches outside the official tree (and if so - are all those patches open-source)? I don't want ANY binary blobs!!!

Also I definitely dislike the Idea that the pre-installed OpenWrt has some proprietary parts which will send data into a "cloud". This really scares me and thus I don't trust your version of OpenWrt at all.

So, unless you publish a proper documentation (pinout + how to build and install vanilla OpenWrt by yourself), I won't consider buying/supporting Omega2. Sorry!

• @Butrus-Butrus said in Omega2 Kickstarter is Live! An IoT computer for just 5 bucks!:

So, unless you publish a proper documentation (pinout + how to build and install vanilla OpenWrt by yourself), I won't consider buying/supporting Omega2. Sorry!

Very impressive your blackmailing :baby_tone1:

They really don't need you ....kkk

2,044 backers
    $75,975 pledged of $15,000 goal
    33 days to go

• administrators

@Butrus-Butrus I understand your concerns, but the Omega2 is still in preproduction so certain things will be different in the production models. It would be pretty disastrous if we prematurely published a pinout and the final product turned out to be different.

However, all of the supported protocols and signals are listed under the The Omega2 comes in two Versions section on the Kickstarter campaign page.

The default OpenWRT can most definitely be installed on the Omega2, and we will be publishing that info in the coming weeks. If you don't see it before the end of the campaign, feel free to reach out to me here.

As for our Cloud services, the Omega is not sending any data to the Cloud, it just lets our servers know that it's online, allowing you (and only you) to manage, remote-control it, and send compiled binaries to it from our online UI at cloud.onion.io
    The Cloud was designed for security from the very beginning, so nobody but you can access your transmissions or data.
    If you simply don't trust it, the default OpenWRT version doesn't have our Cloud client, so no worries there šŸ™‚

We are a group of adventurous makers who want to make tools that make it easy for others (and ourselves) to build some awesome projects/devices/gizmos. We definitely welcome all feedback and work hard to incorporate it into our products. The Omega2 is a prime example of that. We hope that you join us on this adventure.

• @Lazar-Demin Yours was a very civilized answer can't say the same for others no matter what emoji is attached.

• What about the LORA expansion.. is there any update related to that.. please let me know.. I am planning to do some 400 acres campus wide deployment of these Openwrt modules.

• @Butrus-Butrus said in Omega2 Kickstarter is Live! An IoT computer for just 5 bucks!:

... only some marketing shit and idiotic buzzwords ...

@Guest , very civilized this statement ... if you and your friends get finally a bit more adult i will stop to comment.

Btw, beside the Submit button it also has a Discard button ... after rereading a comment as @Butrus-Butrus made, it might be better just discard and start over after cool down a bit ....

• @Lazar-Demin Hi, very big fan of your first product and I will definitely be on board for this next one but I have a question.

I'm at work so I haven't had the chance to read everything but, will this board be backwards compatible with my existing omega (1) modules?

Thanks in advance

• administrators

@Rafael-Gonzalez-Pacheco-Lopez That's great to hear!

Yep, the Omega2 is compatible with all of the Docks and Expansions that shipped with the original Omega!

Check out the FAQs at the bottom of the Kickstarter page for more info!

• @Lazar-Demin
    I have a bunch of expansion boards from the original kickstarter campaign. How can I donate and just get multiple Omega2 Plus modules?

Like, 6 of them šŸ™‚

• administrators

@Stephen-Tunney You can pledge additional money, and then at the end of the campaign, you will be able to choose to receive additional boards in a survey!

Check out the FAQs at the bottom of the campaign page

EDIT: Fixed the link

• @Lazar-Demin @Stephen-Tunney I think the link in Lazar's message is incorrect -I think the FAQ can be found at the bottom of this page

• WOW!

backers
    $233,747
    pledged of $15,000 goal
    days to go

The community will soon explode šŸ˜‰

• @Lazar-Demin, I read the last update from Kickstarter (I'm backer too), about that will sent a form for enter delivery info and calculate ship rate. I remember the email with 'Free Kickstarter Shiping' message... are you considering that? and How I have to do for get the free board too? šŸ˜„

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.