We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

building a nas with the omega?

• Hi,
    I saw the omega 2 on kickstarter and i got the idea to use it as a nas. My question is, is this possible to connect a few HDDs with an hub to the omega (or omega 2) and configure it that way, that I can get access to my data from everywhere around the world? And is there a maximum storage that the omega / omega 2 can handle?
    Would be nice to hear from you
    Kanieos

• I use my Current Onion Omega as a nas with a usb dock, Right now I have 2 1tb drives and a 256 gb drive that holds the os. I use it just like a normal nas. it's awesome 1tb is for backup and is encrypted and another is just for my plex server.

• @Chris-McCaslin As a matter of interest, what software are you using on the Omega to implement the nas?

• @Kit-Bishop said in building a nas with the omega?:

@Chris-McCaslin As a matter of interest, what software are you using on the Omega to implement the nas?

+1

• Interesting question! I haven't done the work (my Omega2s have yet to be shipped according to the schedule), but the server you need depends on your desktop OS. If Linux within a private LAN, a NFS server would be very efficient. If using Windows, a Samba server would be preferable.

If using around the world as the original poster requested, make sure that your security is top notch. Criminals absolutely love it when they discover file servers to dump and broadcast crapware freely using your Internet account.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.