We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega Dash LVGL version

• Dear community,

I just purchased a couple of Omega Dash Dev Kits in order to gain some basic knowledge on the module and especially LVGL.

Basic question: How can I see which LVGL version is contained in the lv_micropython package. As there seems to be some major changes between LVGL V6, V7 and V8, this information would be necessary in order to find the correct documentation šŸ™‚

Thanks in advance,

• @MK the lvgl version is in lvlg.h which is included in the package

• @crispyoz said in Omega Dash LVGL version:

lvlg.h

Hi.
    Thanks. However, I'm not able at all to locate this file... I even am unable to locate the lvgl library. In /usr/lib/micropython I can't find anything relative to lvgl....

Thanks in advance,

• @MK ok I assumed you were developing on your pc, my bad.

Looking at the build system, it builds lv_micropython using https://github.com/littlevgl/lvgl.git for the lvgl source, which would be the current version 9.

• Thanks for this. However, according to LVGL docs, latest version is 8.3....
    https://docs.lvgl.io/master/index.html

• @MK I can only go by what is built by the build system since lvgl doesn't support version , from lvgl.h, as you can see it is denoted as a dev version:

/***************************

• CURRENT VERSION OF LVGL
      ***************************/
      #define LVGL_VERSION_MAJOR 9
      #define LVGL_VERSION_MINOR 0
      #define LVGL_VERSION_PATCH 0
      #define LVGL_VERSION_INFO "dev"

Perhaps @Lazar-Demin can provide detail on which version is contained in the version available from Onion.

• administrators

LVGL for the Omega2 is based on our fork of LVGL which is at version 6.0.2

See the relevant repos here:

In hindsight, we should have upstreamed our changes to the LVGL repos so future versions of LVGL would have support for the Omega2 Dash.

If anyone is motivated to add support for the Omega2 Dash to the latest LVGL (using the modifications on our forked repos as a guide), I would be happy to help test it out and get it upstreamed.

• @Lazar-Demin As I'm fairly committed to Dash I'm open to considering migrating the code, (partly because I hate python and need to get over that) but before committing to doing so I need to consider the work involved. It would assist me if you could advise if you have developed any tests during your previous work. The bump seems to be at v8, but it seems to make more sense to just implement v9.

• Hi @Lazar-Demin,

Thanks for the info. This is what I deducted from the repos and from the behaviour LVGL (some Syntax from 7.X and newer not working...).

It would be indeed great to get an lv_micropython with the latest LVGL version directly from the onion opkg. This for following reasons:

• LVGL 6.X documentation is really scarce (especially regarding Micropython examples)
    • LVGL 8.X seems to be much more powerfull (especially regarding styles and themes)
    • Squarline Editor only supports LVGL 8.X

I'd love to support hear. However, I fear to really lack competences...

• @MK @Lazar-Demin adding these notes for future players.

If you follow the notes in the Onion repository for building a local version:

https://github.com/OnionIoT/lv_micropython#compiling-local-code

Then check in ~/lv_micropython/lib/lv_bindings/lvgl/src/lv_version you can find the lvgl verison:

/Current version of LittlevGL/
    #define LVGL_VERSION_MAJOR 6
    #define LVGL_VERSION_MINOR 0
    #define LVGL_VERSION_PATCH 2
    #define LVGL_VERSION_INFO ""

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.