We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

"/tmp/mounts/" file does not exist or removed when upgrade firmware

• Hello, I'm working with Onion Omega2 + and I updated the firmware, but it delete everything I had installed, no problem. But when I try to expand the memory there is no "tmp/mounts" folder, maybe the folder has change but i can't find it anywhere, so i can't make the memory expand.

Any help is welcome.

• @Jahaziel-Medina i had the same issue when i attempted to install the "pro" firmware on the "2+". i just flashed an earlier version of 2+ firmware. i think the problem may be that the install script for "pro" is expecting emmc. maybe the firmware version that was updated on your device had a similar issue? not sure.

• @Douglas-Kryder Thanks for the reply.

¿So theres no way I can fix that in this firmware version? If I can fix that problem would be perfect. I just need to know if the folder changed because of the upgrade or just don't exist in this version, or if theres another way to expand the memory in this version "Device Firmware Version: 0.3.2 b222".

• @Jahaziel-Medina i can not answer the question of if there is a way to fix your current firmware. if you want to stick with version 3 then i would go to
    http://repo.onioniot.com/omega2/images/
    and download the latest firmware which is ...b223
    and the do a manual flash of that. make sure it is the one for omega2+. if the problem still persists i would then try the first v3 which is ...b217. if it occurs in that firmware then the issue needs to be addressed by admins which could happen soon or never based on history. i would also try the firmware flashing using a sd card to emmc adapter with ~16GB emmc just to test if v3 is actually expecting emmc. but i do not have sd card to emmc adapter with 16GB emmc so i went back to latest V2 firmware which works fine for expansion. otherwise, just wait for additional replies. i've read that v3 for the pro automatically sets up the expansion on emmc. perhaps you need to have sd card or usb drive attached at firmware flash time so that auto script, if in fact it is also on the 2+ v3 firmware so it can auto expand to sd card or usb drive. that is just a guess, i never tried it.

• @Jahaziel-Medina In a nutshell:
    The auto-mounting tool settings of the OpenWrt 17.01 based Omega2(+) firmwares (up to build v0.2.2 b202) and the OpenWrt 18.06 based firmwares (from build v0.3.2-b217) are different from each other.
    For example:

• on a 17.01 based FW the default auto-mount location is /tmp/mounts/
    • on an 18.06 based FW the default auto-mount location is /mnt/

In details:

• 17.01 based FWs
    # Omega2+ FW v0.2.2 b202, Expansion Dock, SanDisk Cruser Blade 8GB FAT32 formatted USB pendrive

root@Omega-5BE1:/# mount
    /dev/sda on /tmp/run/mountd/sda type vfat (rw,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

# --------------------------
    root@Omega-5BE1:~# fdisk -l
    Disk /dev/sda: 7.5 GiB, 8004304896 bytes, 15633408 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: dos
    Disk identifier: 0x500a0dff

# ---------------------------------
    root@Omega-5BE1:~# ls /tmp/mounts/
    USB-A

root@Omega-5BE1:~# cd /tmp/mounts/
    root@Omega-5BE1:/tmp/mounts# ls
    USB-A

root@Omega-5BE1:/tmp/mounts# cd USB-A
    root@Omega-5BE1:/tmp/run/mountd/sda#   # instead of '/tmp/mounts/USB-A'
                                           # here some clarification would be nice
    # -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # there is a '/dev/sda' device instead of a '/devUSB-A' device in the '/dev' directory

root@Omega-5BE1:/# ls -l /dev | grep -i USB-A
    root@Omega-5BE1:/# 
    root@Omega-5BE1:/# ls -l /dev | grep -i sda
    brw-------    1 root     root        8,   0 Jul  3 12:25 sda

• 18.06 based FWs
    # Omega2+ FW v0.3.2 b223, Expansion Dock, SanDisk Cruser Blade 8GB FAT32 formatted USB pendrive 

root@Omega-5BE1:/# mount
    /dev/sda on /mnt/sda type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

# --------------------------
    root@Omega-5BE1:~# fdisk -l
    Disk /dev/sda: 7.5 GiB, 8004304896 bytes, 15633408 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: dos
    Disk identifier: 0x500a0dff

# ---------------------------------
    root@Omega-5BE1:/# ls  /mnt/
    sda

root@Omega-5BE1:/# cd /mnt/
    root@Omega-5BE1:/mnt# ls
    sda

root@Omega-5BE1:/mnt# cd sda
    root@Omega-5BE1:/mnt/sda# 

# -----------------------------------------------------
    # there is a '/dev/sda' device in the '/dev' directory

root@Omega-5BE1:/mnt/sda# ls -l /dev | grep -i sda
    brw-------    1 root     root        8,   0 Jul  3 09:25 sda

Using USB Storage
    Using a MicroSD Card
    Extending the Omega’s Available Memory
    IMO one of Onion @administrators should brush up these chapters (too) of the official Omega2 Documentation
    (and some clarification would be nice 😉

• administrators

@György-Farkas Good explanation, as always!

Documentation touch-ups are in on our backlog.
    However, if you would not like to wait on us and want to make your own edits or updates in the meantime, the documentation is all open source and available on GitHub: https://github.com/OnionIoT/Onion-Docs

If you make a Pull Request with your changes, we'll review it, accept it when it's ready, and the changes will show up on docs.onion.io !

• @Lazar-Demin Hi. How do we get the exact changes that followed a particular build? For example, finding whats's different between b251 and b250, both v0.3.3. I did not find this in your Github page here

• administrators

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.