Update in Omega Lead times?
I am needing about 125 omega2S+ if anyone has any to move...
We are ordering like a really big amount... hopefully this increases our priority in the line...
Now I am wondering about "component shortages and sharp price increases", @Lazar-Demin are you flagging that OM-O2SP prices will be increasing and if so by how much? I'm concerned about taking back orders while we wait for stock then finding the price has increased significantly.
@crispyoz That's right, prices for all Omega2 modules have increased as a result of these new market conditions.
We've put up a blog post on the impact of the chip crisis that goes into more detail.
Along with that, there's a new chip crisis status page that we'll be updating with any new developments. Our goal is to keep everybody informed with what's going on.
@SimonPR and others in need of inventory asap:
We’re resupplying Mouser and Digikey as fast as we can - resupply shipments are going out in early to mid June.
Going through Mouser or Digikey will be the absolute fastest way to get units.
Thanks @Lazar-Demin the post is very informative and I understand Onion has little control over the global market but my key question is what the expected price increase will be. I can't take backorders on exiting products and I've put a new product launch on hold until I have clarity on this.
@crispyoz oversight on my end, apologies!
The Onion Store has been updated with the new direct from pricing at MoQ. And you can request the updated price sheet here.
We're assuming Mouser and Digikey will adjust their prices somewhere in line with our MoQ pricing.
EDIT: Looks like Mouser has posted their new pricing as well!
You'll have to check directly with Mouser/Digikey on how they will handle price changes for back-orders.
Thanks @Lazar-Demin for the updated info, I checked out Mouser, the price increase is >50% and they are quoting 13 weeks back order which will make it some time in August, so I'm reading some time in October.
Where can I go to scream !?!?!
@crispyoz I suggest checking back on Mouser + Digikey's quoted delivery time in the coming weeks. They might be using a worst case estimate at the moment - so it might improve with time!
Where can I go to scream !?!?!
Lol! I personally found nature walks really helpful when we kept getting hit with news of 2x, 3x, 5x component price increases. Only have a few new streaks of grey hair
@Lazar-Demin I'm waiting on Digikey, they are more reliable for me here in Oz. Even the WifI antennas I am using are on back order.
Not sure I can find anything other than grey hairs, but I do find that a nice glass of scotch helps
Initial Omega2S+ (OM-O2SP) resupply shipments to Digikey and Mouser have gone out!
It looks like Digikey already has Omega2S+ listed as in stock.
More resupply shipments will be going out mid-June.
They have 4 for immediate delivery. Yay!
@crispyoz yikes, they had 440 when I posted 2 days ago...
I'll post here again when we send out more resupply shipments
Wow seems the price has increased significantly. I used to buy at ~$20AUD now ~$47AUD, I guess Digikey is trying to squeeze every dollar out of their remaining 4 units. I suspect @Lucas-Gozalvez picked up the bulk of them and left us with the dregs